Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

OBDeleven - what MKII SQ5/Q5 changes have you made?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2019, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by jnelson
Does anyone know how to increase the shutoff speed of the parking sensors/backup camera?

I park in an apartment building garage that has a couple of long straightaways combined with tight turns. I only get up to about 10-15mph but that's fast enough to disable it, so it's annoying to have the sensors go on and off a few times (in addition to triggering the music fader).
There's an OBDeleven mini-app for that - it's entitled "Parking assist switch off speed". The factory-set shutoff speed of the park assist system is 10 km/h (6.2 mph). The mini-app allows you to select 5, 10, 15 or 20 km/h for the shutoff speed. I'm not sure however if adjusting the shutoff speed is going to eliminate the particular annoyance you're experiencing.
Old 07-04-2019, 11:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 393 Likes on 279 Posts

I'll add to this thread a new adjustment I've made that I don't believe has been mentioned before.

Since the Q5 / SQ5 reports very optimistic, feel good gas mileage, I've been looking for a way to have it be accurate and report closer to what I'm acutally getting, imagine that. Here's the fix:

Adjust the gas mileage calculation
Dash Board (17)
Adaptation
Display correction of consumption and operating range
Changed from 100% to 108%

Going above 100% will reduce the calculated mpg. 108% seems about right, but I will verify and correct the post if it shows different after a few tank fulls.
The following users liked this post:
Ron.S (07-05-2019)
Old 07-05-2019, 03:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 132 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by spindlewood
I'll add to this thread a new adjustment I've made that I don't believe has been mentioned before.

Since the Q5 / SQ5 reports very optimistic, feel good gas mileage, I've been looking for a way to have it be accurate and report closer to what I'm acutally getting, imagine that. Here's the fix:

Adjust the gas mileage calculation
Dash Board (17)
Adaptation
Display correction of consumption and operating range
Changed from 100% to 108%

Going above 100% will reduce the calculated mpg. 108% seems about right, but I will verify and correct the post if it shows different after a few tank fulls.
I do not have an OBD eleven. There aren't enough factory settings that I am dissatisfied with that warrant me buying and then trying to figure out a new gizmo. However, I would like to get the mileage closer to a real reading than what I have now - about a 3 to 6% variance between actual and indicated. Is there any way to make this correction short of buying and installing that critter?
Old 07-05-2019, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I’m only high about 5%. The dealer could probably make the adjustment for you but it might cost more than the OBD11.
Old 07-05-2019, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 132 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Ron.S
I’m only high about 5%. The dealer could probably make the adjustment for you but it might cost more than the OBD11.
Yeah. That's what I thought. Anyway, thought that I'd give it a try - lol
Thanks
Old 07-05-2019, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Since the Q5 / SQ5 reports very optimistic, feel good gas mileage, I've been looking for a way to have it be accurate and report closer to what I'm acutally getting,
I must have a hole in my gas tank. If my mileage is worse than it says, that’s really sad. My V8 2013 S6 got better mileage than the 2018 SQ5. I’m surprised there aren’t more features that improve mileage, like coasting he going downhill. Or settings to improve fuel economy if you don’t need max power.

I haven’t driven much on highways, but around town I get about 13mpg. That isn’t very optimistic if it’s lower than that. Am I missing something?
Old 07-05-2019, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by jascooper
I must have a hole in my gas tank. If my mileage is worse than it says, that’s really sad. My V8 2013 S6 got better mileage than the 2018 SQ5. I’m surprised there aren’t more features that improve mileage, like coasting he going downhill. Or settings to improve fuel economy if you don’t need max power.

I haven’t driven much on highways, but around town I get about 13mpg. That isn’t very optimistic if it’s lower than that. Am I missing something?
Around town definitely is a lot worse. I try to avoid around town errands like the plague - fortunately my wife does most of them. What do you get highway driving?

Coasting to stop signs and traffic lights is a huge help in saving gas. I doubt most people want to change driving habits, but I've made this a habit of mine. Kind of helps my frame of mind to not be rushing all the time as well As much as I hate the start / stop tech (I have it turned off), I believe it does save a lot of gas at traffic lights that are more than 15 second stops - if they are often.
Old 07-08-2019, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Around town definitely is a lot worse. I try to avoid around town errands like the plague - fortunately my wife does most of them. What do you get highway driving?

Coasting to stop signs and traffic lights is a huge help in saving gas. I doubt most people want to change driving habits, but I've made this a habit of mine. Kind of helps my frame of mind to not be rushing all the time as well As much as I hate the start / stop tech (I have it turned off), I believe it does save a lot of gas at traffic lights that are more than 15 second stops - if they are often.
I get around 15-16mpg in Seattle crawl. I do not have my auto stop disabled but I do use the pressure on the brake to turn it off at long red lights. I have a mazda and that fares well in city with 25mpg. I prefer it for my city errands.
Old 07-30-2019, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I finally got a couple of fill-ups to test how my OBDEleven coding change affects the mpg computer. I set it at 108 (8% reduction) and the calculation has gone from being about 2 mpg over-optimistic to between 1/4 and 1/2 mpg under. When I get a chance, I will change it to 107 which should be pretty spot on.

I'm curious how winter will affect it. During the winter, the computer was only 5% off instead of the 7-8% I've seen in the spring and summer. I might have to settle on 106 as a compromise. The bottom line is that the coding works.

However this coding does not appear to affect the miles remaining indicator which usually seems to underestimate how many miles are left in the tank (sometimes it's right on - but more often under by 25 - 30 miles). This is based on calculating a full tank. I don't mind being conservative with this estimate - especially since you don't want to drain down a tank and you may not get all of the last gallon.
Old 08-01-2019, 04:49 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is there anyone here in Florida that can help me turning on the Active Lane Assist? I am not a tech guy and VCD/coding etc feels intimidating to me. Will greatly appreciate a fellow members HELP in this matter.

Quick Reply: OBDeleven - what MKII SQ5/Q5 changes have you made?