Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

OBDeleven - what MKII SQ5/Q5 changes have you made?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2020, 01:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

^ Baz-Mtl, in order to activate Active lane assist your vehicle must be equipped with Pre sense city (which provides a unique front-facing high mounted camera that's also used for Traffic sign recognition). It appears your 2018 Q5 Technik is not equipped with Pre sense city, therefore you will not be able to activate active lane assist.
To have Pre sense front, your '18 Q5 Technik would have to be equipped with the optional Urban Driver Assistance Package, which was a $1600 option for 2018.
Sorry for the unfortunate news.
Regards, Richard
The following users liked this post:
baz-mtl (06-12-2020)
Old 06-12-2020, 02:44 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by rbreeze
^ Baz-Mtl, in order to activate Active lane assist your vehicle must be equipped with Pre sense city (which provides a unique front-facing high mounted camera that's also used for Traffic sign recognition). It appears your 2018 Q5 Technik is not equipped with Pre sense city, therefore you will not be able to activate active lane assist.
To have Pre sense front, your '18 Q5 Technik would have to be equipped with the optional Urban Driver Assistance Package, which was a $1600 option for 2018.
Sorry for the unfortunate news.
Regards, Richard
Wow, thanks for the input Richard! I had no idea pre sense city was a different thing! I know my car comes with Pre Sense, but didn't know it had to be Pre sense city!
If only I had done a bit more research before getting the OBDeleven
Anyway, I am assuming it's not something the dealer can actually put on the car after purchase. While I am not even going to attempt retrofitting the adaptive cruise control, I would like to get lane keep assist enabled.
Has anyone in Canada attempted to retrofit the Urban Driver Assistance package? Please let me know.
Thanks & Cheers!
Old 06-12-2020, 03:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by baz-mtl
Wow, thanks for the input Richard! I had no idea pre sense city was a different thing! I know my car comes with Pre Sense, but didn't know it had to be Pre sense city!
If only I had done a bit more research before getting the OBDeleven
Anyway, I am assuming it's not something the dealer can actually put on the car after purchase. While I am not even going to attempt retrofitting the adaptive cruise control, I would like to get lane keep assist enabled.
Has anyone in Canada attempted to retrofit the Urban Driver Assistance package? Please let me know.
Thanks & Cheers!
Baz-Mtl, the Urban Driver Assistance Package (available only for the '18 Q5 'Technik' trim/model ) included the following added features:
* Adaptive cruise control with stop and go
* Traffic sign recognition
* Audi pre sense front
* Audi pre sense city
I have this package on my '18 Q5 Technik. Months after I took delivery of the new vehicle I 'upgraded' the package to "Advanced" status by activating Active lane assist and Traffic jam assist by way of my OBDeleven and instructions posted in a couple of forum threads on AudiWorld. I know of no one on this forum or elsewhere who has attempted to retrofit the Urban Driver Assistance Package to their '18 Q5 built for the Canadian market.
For your reference I have attached to this post Audi Canada's 2018 Product Order Guide for most Audi models. You'll want to look at page 40 for the particulars of your 2018 Q5 Technik.
Cheers
Richard
Attached Files

Last edited by rbreeze; 06-12-2020 at 04:00 PM.
Old 06-12-2020, 05:38 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Baz-Mtl, the Urban Driver Assistance Package (available only for the '18 Q5 'Technik' trim/model ) included the following added features:
* Audi pre sense front
* Audi pre sense city
I have this package on my '18 Q5 Technik. Months after I took delivery of the new vehicle I 'upgraded' the package to "Advanced" status by activating Active lane assist and Traffic jam assist by way of my OBDeleven and instructions posted in a couple of forum threads on AudiWorld. I know of no one on this forum or elsewhere who has attempted to retrofit the Urban Driver Assistance Package to their '18 Q5 built for the Canadian market.
For your reference I have attached to this post Audi Canada's 2018 Product Order Guide for most Audi models. You'll want to look at page 40 for the particulars of your 2018 Q5 Technik.
Cheers
Richard
Thanks again for sharing that document! It's sad that it can't be retrofitted easily. Would have made life much easier on long journeys.

When I was looking for a car to buy, I must have looked through at least tens of CPO Audi's and I can't remember any of them having the Urban Driver Assistance Package. Oh well! I've activated all that can be activated using OBDeleven, I guess without the ALA, i have no further use of the device. If anyone reading this is interested in picking it up in Montreal, let me know!
rbreeze (10-15-2020)
Old 10-15-2020, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Momyc
I'm looking also to buy ODBeleven here in Canada , but there are not too many shops from where to buy.
Does any Canadian fellows bought the ODBeleven ? From where , if you don't mind.
On Ebay or Amazon there are some vendors from Lithuania which I'm a bit worried to order from.
The US Deutsche auto part doesn't ship in Canada , unfortunately or it cost a lot for shipping.

Thanks,
For anyone in the future looking at this, Volta, the makers of OBD 11 will ship anywhere in the world. You can also purchase from Uro tuning, which is where I got mine.
JonnyRotten (02-26-2021)
Old 10-17-2020, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello,

I got my ODB11 a few days ago and I connected it to my car, input the VIN and went into CAR settings and then selected APPS. The issue that I am running into is that I can't download any apps as they are not visible.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong? 2020 Q5 Premium +.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-26-2021, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

* Audi pre sense front
* Audi pre sense city
Cheers
Richard
I know which local Canadian I'm coming to once I get my OBDeleven if I have any questions.
Richard you sound like you've got the whole thing figured out!
Old 02-27-2021, 04:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by JonnyRotten
I know which local Canadian I'm coming to once I get my OBDeleven if I have any questions.
Richard you sound like you've got the whole thing figured out!
No problem, Jonny! Just let me know.
Not sure if I've got the whole thing figured out, but I've learned a few things along the way.
Have you ordered your OBDeleven yet? If not I have a spare one (an original Android model) that I can let you have for a few bucks.
- Richard
JonnyRotten (02-27-2021)
Old 02-27-2021, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No problem, Jonny! Just let me know.
Have you ordered your OBDeleven yet? If not I have a spare one (an original Android model) that I can let you have for a few bucks.
- Richard
Thanks for the offer Richard but I'm an Apple guy so I need the iOS version.
I've checked around and the best place for us to purchase one here in Canada seems to be good 'ol Amazon.
I'm reading through this forum to try and educate myself as much as possible. I've also been browsing on the OBDeleven forum.
Old 03-02-2021, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got my unit and wonder if anyone here is able to enable Video In Motion (VIM) feature using this tool for their Q5. I tried to search around but couldn't find a solid solution. Thanks in advance !!

Quick Reply: OBDeleven - what MKII SQ5/Q5 changes have you made?