Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Q5 2018 - No Driver Assistance Package?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2017, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Greystoke
OBDeleven (sometimes written as OBD 11) is a dongle which interfaces with the OBD2 port and with the pro version allows you to change module coding, just for the sake of clarity.

OBDeleven: Audi, Volkswagen, Seat & Skoda diagnostic system

Grey
I stand corrected, and I honestly appreciate it. I was not aware of that product. I have a VCDS cable so never really looked into any others.
Old 06-10-2017, 02:43 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SYR
How exactly can you toggle it on / off with ODB11? From what I read in the A4 thread you need to recode the entire thing, unless I missed something.

I'm pretty interested in this topic, as I'm getting a new preconfigured Q5 within the next two weeks. Coming from a 2012 Mercedes GLK that had a perfect working lane assist that's a pretty big bummer.

It's still surprising to me that lane assist wasn't an option. In my opinion it can't be a hardware reason, since the quality of the camera SHOULD be pretty good considering it also controls the Matrix LED Highbeam Assist and as far as I know it doesn't require anything else, as it works on pretty much any Audi models.
I have used OBDEleven to code all the parameters as per the A4 forum : https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-...sense-2907906/.

Once done and to toggle on & off, I only change one parameter (see in bold below) that seems to mimic the turn signal stalk button, even though it is not physically installed on my Q5 :

All Adaptations

A5 - Frt Sens. Drv. Assist

BAP Personalization = Set Value to “Not Activated”

Personalization of lane dept. warning Cl. 15 on = Set value to “Last Setting”

System mode, lane depart. warn, = Set Value to “Selection via menu”

Switch-on condition, lane depart. warn. = Set value to “On” (I had to toggle this as this is the final step that I believe mimics pressing the button to actually activate it. You know it was successful when the Lane markings show up in the VC)

(Setting it to "Off" makes the markings disappear in the VC)

I personally turn it off for regular city driving. But use it on longer highway drives. The only thing that bugs me a little is that the system will give unnecessary warnings (chime) if you don't move the steering wheel for more than 15 seconds. This happens when driving in a straight line on a level road, with no wind. The system mistakenly assumes that you have let go of the steering wheel (big no-no...) and will disengage if you don't wiggle it a little. But I guess it works as advertised. Having the physical on / off button would be really useful at that point.

Hope this helps !

Last edited by larrylotus; 06-10-2017 at 02:50 AM.
Old 06-10-2017, 05:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Is all this VCDS coding required if you have the DAP option?
Old 06-10-2017, 12:01 PM
SYR
Audiworld Junior Member

@larrylotus
Thanks for the information! I did in fact miss the part where you can disable it by changing one value only, the A4 thread is huge.

What happens when the system disengages? Does it automatically re-engage? I can't find anything about this on the other thread.
Old 06-11-2017, 03:09 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by cakasky
Is all this VCDS coding required if you have the DAP option?
If you have the "basic" driver assistance package, you would have to. Meaning you have all the required hardware but are missing the Active Lane Assist option. That one is included in the Advanced DAP :

Advanced Driver Assistance Package includes:

Adaptive cruise control with Stop-&-Go
Traffic congestion assist
Audi active lane assist
Traffic sign recognition
Audi pre sense city
Audi pre sense front

At the time of my order back in March, it was not possible to include the Advanced yet :-(
Old 06-11-2017, 03:12 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by SYR
@larrylotus
Thanks for the information! I did in fact miss the part where you can disable it by changing one value only, the A4 thread is huge.

What happens when the system disengages? Does it automatically re-engage? I can't find anything about this on the other thread.
You have to re-engage the cruise control to reactivate ("Resume set speed")...
Old 06-11-2017, 03:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by larrylotus
If you have the "basic" driver assistance package, you would have to. Meaning you have all the required hardware but are missing the Active Lane Assist option. That one is included in the Advanced DAP :

Advanced Driver Assistance Package includes:

Adaptive cruise control with Stop-&-Go
Traffic congestion assist
Audi active lane assist
Traffic sign recognition
Audi pre sense city
Audi pre sense front

At the time of my order back in March, it was not possible to include the Advanced yet :-(

Thank you for the information.

Just so I'm clear,

the "Audi active lane assist" is different than the "Audi side assist and Audi pre sense® rear with Rear cross traffic assist and Vehicle exit assist" that is showing as a feature of the Prestige model?

UPDATE: I get it now after seeing this.
Ref.

THANK YOU!

Last edited by cakasky; 06-11-2017 at 03:40 AM.
Old 06-11-2017, 02:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just got the notice that the OBD Eleven has been shipped. How long does it normally take to arrive in the US? Now all I have to do is find an Android device...I'm a tried an true IOS person. : >)
Old 06-11-2017, 03:24 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Martin Reuben
I just got the notice that the OBD Eleven has been shipped. How long does it normally take to arrive in the US? Now all I have to do is find an Android device...I'm a tried an true IOS person. : >)
Mine shipped from the US and took 2-3 days by USPO Priority Mail. No advice on the phone. I use a Pixel and have only added the OBD App but would think that a smart phone with a larger screen would be best. You can probably get something used on EBay fairly cheap.
Old 06-11-2017, 03:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Visited a local dealer today to see the new Q5 in the flesh. Didn't drive, but the seats felt similar to the ones in mine. Liked the look of the virtual dash. Told the salesman that I was interested in the DAP, and he assured me I could get it in the PP trim. I told him no, it had to be the Prestige level. He was so sure, we went back to his office and opened the order guide. Sure enough, I was correct. He seemed actually shocked it wasn't available in the Premium Plus level.

Quick Reply: Q5 2018 - No Driver Assistance Package?