Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

tpms and tire pressure?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2018, 06:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by KaDeTime
Maybe ask your butler?
My darn butler Jeeves is never around when I need him...

Old 09-14-2018, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffrey r
My darn butler Jeeves is never around when I need him...

same... my problem Is that I need to get my butler a butler as he is just to occupied with filing up my tires, window washing fluid, and fuel. Why do car manufacturers don’t fix that !!!
Old 09-14-2018, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

funny stuff... not the end of the world, was just making the point it's nice to see the tire pressures all the time without having to get out and check them all one by one.
Old 09-14-2018, 09:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Heat00
funny stuff... not the end of the world, was just making the point it's nice to see the tire pressures all the time without having to get out and check them all one by one.

i understand, its just when you give it more thought and the compromise is more data that is useless for more cash people would not want to pay. In the end the best would be if Audi just made this to an option and i will bet you that no one would pay the 6000$ for the option group this is for just for this option, or 1-2k for just this option it self.

and if someone argues that well my honda accord has it and my SQ5 should have it if Audi would place everything as a standard option the car would start at 70k and not at 50k and people would complain that i just want to have "basick" car and not want to pay for all this standard options

price of the TPMS on a RS5 option group https://www.audiusa.com/models/audi-...layer.PSS.html

Old 09-14-2018, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

For anyone who is really interested in adding direct TPMS support, there's now a company in the UK offering to add it to certain models: https://www.hazzydayz.com/tyre-press...fit-8581-p.asp. £795 in the UK, and it's not clear whether they would ship for self-installation - it says it includes professional installation/coding, but then mentions that they'll install the sensors "if" you bring the car to their shop. A shop in Singapore also mentioned a similar service last year on Facebook.
Old 09-14-2018, 11:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

i understand, its just when you give it more thought and the compromise is more data that is useless for more cash people would not want to pay. In the end the best would be if Audi just made this to an option and i will bet you that no one would pay the 6000$ for the option group this is for just for this option, or 1-2k for just this option it self.

and if someone argues that well my honda accord has it and my SQ5 should have it if Audi would place everything as a standard option the car would start at 70k and not at 50k and people would complain that i just want to have "basick" car and not want to pay for all this standard options

price of the TPMS on a RS5 option group https://www.audiusa.com/models/audi-...layer.PSS.html
fair enough.. I understand your points and I too would not pay anything extra for it, at all.... guess it's all part of the audi culture but if a very cheap car has it, shouldn't a more expensive car have it at no additional cost is my point, not that the car should cost more. it's really not that expensive to add it in otherwise the cheaper cars wouldn't give it to you at no additional cost? in any case, like I said.. it's not the end of the world just a nice feature that almost every other (new) car that I've owned recently has and I miss it. there are certainly many benefits to this car over the cheaper cars I get that and I am very impressed overall with this car as a whole.
the smoothness of the 3.0, the refinement, the materials, the fit and finish, the electronics overall, the look of the interior, the virtual cockpit, the classiness of the exterior , the red leather diamond stitched seats, the comfort level, the quietness while cruising etc.
the few cons (and they are minor) didn't prevent me from purchasing (even though I wasn't aware of some of them lol), i.e. this lack of tire pressure, the lack of storage in center console, lack of storage in rear area, drink holders that don't hold a yeti cup, cruise control stalk is too low and hits my knee all the time, lack of touch on the center screen... just small things lol....

Old 09-14-2018, 01:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

fair enough.. I understand your points and I too would not pay anything extra for it, at all.... guess it's all part of the audi culture but if a very cheap car has it, shouldn't a more expensive car have it at no additional cost is my point, not that the car should cost more. it's really not that expensive to add it in otherwise the cheaper cars wouldn't give it to you at no additional cost? in any case, like I said.. it's not the end of the world just a nice feature that almost every other (new) car that I've owned recently has and I miss it. there are certainly many benefits to this car over the cheaper cars I get that and I am very impressed overall with this car as a whole.
the smoothness of the 3.0, the refinement, the materials, the fit and finish, the electronics overall, the look of the interior, the virtual cockpit, the classiness of the exterior , the red leather diamond stitched seats, the comfort level, the quietness while cruising etc.
the few cons (and they are minor) didn't prevent me from purchasing (even though I wasn't aware of some of them lol), i.e. this lack of tire pressure, the lack of storage in center console, lack of storage in rear area, drink holders that don't hold a yeti cup, cruise control stalk is too low and hits my knee all the time, lack of touch on the center screen... just small things lol....
i also understand all your points and appreciate this conversation especially that others sometime get personal real quick and wont give other views a chance.

to address your point about how come cheap cars have some of this and others more expensive dont its all about standard entry price that the manufactures want to hit to be competitively places in the right segment. in other wards all of the premium parts already in that dont give rum for more options or it will increase the price point they are trying to reach. also they are trying to remove some options from being standard as long as they know they competitors are doing the same.

i hope this help i can go in to more detail if needed but i hate typing
Old 09-14-2018, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

i also understand all your points and appreciate this conversation especially that others sometime get personal real quick and wont give other views a chance.

to address your point about how come cheap cars have some of this and others more expensive dont its all about standard entry price that the manufactures want to hit to be competitively places in the right segment. in other wards all of the premium parts already in that dont give rum for more options or it will increase the price point they are trying to reach. also they are trying to remove some options from being standard as long as they know they competitors are doing the same.

i hope this help i can go in to more detail if needed but i hate typing
thank you for the time and reply. No need for more I understand what you’re saying. Again, it’s a minor thing in the grand scheme of things.
And yes, there is not ever a need for personal shots or anything of the sort. Forums have become a great place with lots of help and real world experiences from people with the same car, what could be better! Everyone here has been great so far and I appreciate everyone’s comments even if I don’t agree With something In Particular. I’ve already picked up a lot of good stuff here and I hope something I contribute helps someone with something one day too.

upon leaving the dodge forum, I looked and was amazed that I had over 2000 posts lol... granted I probably talked way too much, and it was over 80,000 miles lol... but it was one of the best and the most helpful I’ve been part of in the past. I actually still go on there on occasion and talk to the guys from time to time. Hopefully here will be a similar experience which it has been so far!
Old 09-14-2018, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

thank you for the time and reply. No need for more I understand what you’re saying. Again, it’s a minor thing in the grand scheme of things.
And yes, there is not ever a need for personal shots or anything of the sort. Forums have become a great place with lots of help and real world experiences from people with the same car, what could be better! Everyone here has been great so far and I appreciate everyone’s comments even if I don’t agree With something In Particular. I’ve already picked up a lot of good stuff here and I hope something I contribute helps someone with something one day too.

upon leaving the dodge forum, I looked and was amazed that I had over 2000 posts lol... granted I probably talked way too much, and it was over 80,000 miles lol... but it was one of the best and the most helpful I’ve been part of in the past. I actually still go on there on occasion and talk to the guys from time to time. Hopefully here will be a similar experience which it has been so far!

sounds great eat this is also my 3rd main forum as corvette was first then Jeep Wrangler now Audi
Old 10-06-2018, 06:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Chawski
I just had a pressure sensor pop up on the cluster and was annoyed to find that it doesnt tell you which one is low. The VC has the tech to show a Google earth image of exactly where you are on the planet but can't determine which of 4 tires has low pressure....
Unfortunately I discovered that when you do have significant loss of pressure (I'm guessing it had dropped 5-10 psi at the time it popped up) in the right rear tire, a message shows up in the VC telling you that there is pressure loss in the right rear tire and you need to check pressure - should've snapped a photo of it.
This was a puncture and not related to dropping a few psi over time.

So I know: 1. that it works for big drops in pressure; 2. it works for the right rear tire
- I hope that i don't ever learn any more about it via personal experience.

Quick Reply: tpms and tire pressure?