Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Traffic Jam Assistant Coding - OBDEleven or VCDS?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 12:26 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doesn't kufatec sell the kit for this?

I haven't seen anyone code this successfully with just the camera. The two front radar systems/devices are required for TJA.

Lane keep assist only needs the camera, TJA requires the camera AND radar items.
Old 02-18-2018, 03:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by parad1mg
Doesn't kufatec sell the kit for this?

I haven't seen anyone code this successfully with just the camera. The two front radar systems/devices are required for TJA.

Lane keep assist only needs the camera, TJA requires the camera AND radar items.
^ Amorak's '18 Q5 as well as my '18 Q5 are both equipped with the two front radar systems/devices (which brings ACC to the party), supplied by way of the Urban Driver Assistance Package (U-DAP) that we have on our Canadian-spec vehicles. The only features not provided on our vehicles from the factory were ALA and TJA. We have activated ALA using our OBDeleven; now we're just waiting for the illusive coding instruction to activate TJA.
Old 04-04-2018, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Great news! The mystery has been solved. Forum member Woolly, a 2018 SQ5 owner in Australia, has cracked the code to enable TJA on suitably equipped 2018 MKII Q5s/SQ5s. Both Amorak and I have successfully enabled TJA on our "Urban DAP"-equipped 2018 Q5s here in Canada.
Here's the link to Woolly's TJA coding instruction posted in the "Coding for turning on Audi Active Lane Assist" thread in the A4-B9 forum:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-.../#post25130373

/Richard

Last edited by rbreeze; 04-15-2018 at 07:03 AM.
Old 08-03-2018, 05:12 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by rbreeze
Great news! The mystery has been solved. Forum member Woolly, a 2018 SQ5 owner in Australia, has cracked the code to enable TJA on suitably equipped 2018 MKII Q5s/SQ5s. Both Amorak and I have successfully enabled TJA on our "Urban DAP"-equipped 2018 Q5s here in Canada.
Here's the link to Woolly's TJA coding instruction posted in the "Coding for turning on Audi Active Lane Assist" thread in the A4-B9 forum:
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a4-.../#post25130373

/Richard
Hey guys

Found another coding instuction for the TJA with every byte and bits.. So it's easier to code if you use VCDS, otherwise you have to search every Bit in every Byte. But in the end the coding looks identical :-) ==> https://www.ascoding.ch/en/activate-...am-assist-tja/ And it works, tested it on my Audi SQ5, 2016!

Old 01-23-2020, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I've seen the other thread and it seems to indicate that this was successful WITHOUT making changes to the camera software, which was originally believed to be required.

Can I get a confirmation that this is working as expected with nothing left out (due to not changing the camera)?
Was this accomplished specifically with ODBEleven?

thx!
Old 01-23-2020, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

^ Jeff, on my 2018 Q5 Technik (Canadian vehicle) it's working as expected with nothing left out (and with no changes to camera software). I accomplished the task specifically with the OBDeleven.
- Richard
Old 07-10-2021, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default put the entire code for us here please

Originally Posted by Cadx6
I used my OBDEleven on my 2018 Q5 to enable the gear readout in the VC & disable the range limiter for the Comfort Window Up / Down. Used the same coding I used for my Q7 & A4.
My OBDEleven read my VIN & added it to my "Garage" as a 2018 Q5 with no problem.
IF it worked on yor cars please put the entire code for us here ...we all need it .thank you
Old 07-10-2021, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default HELLO

Originally Posted by atc98092
To my understanding, for ACC there is a radar sensor mounted in the grille area somewhere. Without that sensor, you can't have ACC, and the sensor won't be there if you didn't get ACC from the factory. Also, I'm not certain if the 2018 still has a cruise control stalk, rather than buttons on the wheel. But if there is still a stalk like my 2012 has, then you would also have to replace the stalk, since it has an extra control for setting the spacing.
the ACC are the 2 computer sensors in the front bumper one in each corner of bumper is like a little ball like a big eye in the left and right front bumper sides ...imposible to not see it ....
Old 07-10-2021, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default hello

Originally Posted by rbreeze
^ Amorak's '18 Q5 as well as my '18 Q5 are both equipped with the two front radar systems/devices (which brings ACC to the party), supplied by way of the Urban Driver Assistance Package (U-DAP) that we have on our Canadian-spec vehicles. The only features not provided on our vehicles from the factory were ALA and TJA. We have activated ALA using our OBDeleven; now we're just waiting for the illusive coding instruction to activate TJA.
put the code for ALA here for us please we need it .
Old 07-11-2021, 01:07 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Default jam assist

Originally Posted by brew99
Question.....what does traffic jam assist do? Is it the same as adaptive cruise control where speed is automatically adjusted based on vehicle speed in front?
basicaly yes ...but at lower speeds