Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

Virtual Cockpit - default map?

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 06:37 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I am referring to the map in the front, on the Virtual Cockpit. I always set the VC to show to full/large view of the maps when I turn the car on. Soon as I turn the car off and turn it back on, the screen reverts to the information screen which shows the gas milage, date, etc. It doesn't save the view of the maps on start up. I have a 2018 Q5. I didn't know if there is something I need to enable or it's just not possible to keep the large/full view as the default.
Old 09-19-2018, 02:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a 2108 Q5 and my VC screen stays on the map screen when I start up
Old 09-19-2018, 03:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Location: Sydney - Australia. Been keeping the Pacific and Indian oceans apart since 1788
Received 110 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by gqllc007
I have a 2108 Q5 and my VC screen stays on the map screen when I start up

Not another 2108 Q5 with VC
Old 09-19-2018, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Cadx6
My 2018 Q5 Prestige always starts up in map mode - right where I left it. My 2017 Q7 Prestige always reverts to the vehicle info page & I have to toggle it back to the map . Guess it’s just one of Audi’s ongoing software “updates”, probably in response to customer complaints.
Ditto my '18 Q5 vs. my '17 A4--always annoyed me in the A, not an issue in the Q.
Old 09-19-2018, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just double checked too again, and both screens stay on map after exiting and re started the car. 18 sq5 here.
worse than this to me, is not being able to disable the start stop feature lol.. yes I know, go to dynamic or S mode and it shuts off but still an extra step or button press that is not necessary lol... not every time do I want to goto S mode although its 90% LOL...
Old 09-19-2018, 07:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Heat00
I just double checked too again, and both screens stay on map after exiting and re started the car. 18 sq5 here.
worse than this to me, is not being able to disable the start stop feature lol.. yes I know, go to dynamic or S mode and it shuts off but still an extra step or button press that is not necessary lol... not every time do I want to goto S mode although its 90% LOL...
Dynamic drive mode turns off the A start stop feature??? So does S mode???
Old 09-19-2018, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Heat00
I worse than this to me, is not being able to disable the start stop feature lol.. .
+1
Old 09-20-2018, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gqllc007
Dynamic drive mode turns off the A start stop feature??? So does S mode???
Switching to S mode with the shifter definitely disables auto shutoff (but driving with it that way all the time sucks more gas as it keeps the revs higher). Whether Dynamic mode shuts it off or not I think depends on what version of Drive Select you have; I keep my Q5 in Dynamic all the time (for firmer steering) but just use S mode when necessary, and the stop/start only disables when in S mode.
Old 09-20-2018, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by redherring
Switching to S mode with the shifter definitely disables auto shutoff (but driving with it that way all the time sucks more gas as it keeps the revs higher). Whether Dynamic mode shuts it off or not I think depends on what version of Drive Select you have; I keep my Q5 in Dynamic all the time (for firmer steering) but just use S mode when necessary, and the stop/start only disables when in S mode.
ok Thanks as that is exactly how mine works. I was just misunderstanding is all...ok good!
Old 09-20-2018, 07:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by redherring
Switching to S mode with the shifter definitely disables auto shutoff ...
that is good to know. i am usually in S, but i always turn off auto stop/start when i start the car. looks like i can skip that step. and also, the dealer wouldn't code the auto stop/start to always be off for me. but they might code "S" mode always on when the car is started, if that coding is possible.

Quick Reply: Virtual Cockpit - default map?