Q5/SQ5 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Second Generation Audi Q5 SUV

AWE-Tuning Resonated Touring Exhaust installed. First impressions and pics!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2018, 02:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 35 Likes on 16 Posts
Default AWE-Tuning Resonated Touring Exhaust installed. First impressions and pics!

Picked up the car the other day from AWE Tuning and got to drive it 85 miles home. All I can say is: WOW amazing stuff! It makes all the right sounds and really is incredible. I was given the option to go with either a resonated touring or non-resonated touring version. Since I have a baby on the way, I opted for the resonated version. It is subtle, but noticeable. It's loud but not obnoxious. There is zero drone at all speeds between zero and 80 mph (the most I was able to go yesterday). It adds a sort of exotic sound to the exhaust and really comes alive under full throttle. The guys at AWE were really awesome also. They did a great job. I wouldn't have left my car with any other company for a month of driving and testing. I know they made videos and took photos and I was told they should be available within a few weeks so keep a lookout for them. If I didn't have a kid on the way I would've probably gone with the non-resonated version. But for now, I will just keep smiling at each and every cold start-up! Let me know if you guys have any questions! Below are a couple of pictures from different angles after washing the car this afternoon:

AWE-Tuning Resonated Touring Exhaust installed. First impressions and pics!-i6ndu7d.jpg

AWE-Tuning Resonated Touring Exhaust installed. First impressions and pics!-p0lb9e3.jpg

AWE-Tuning Resonated Touring Exhaust installed. First impressions and pics!-xjrndda.jpg

AWE-Tuning Resonated Touring Exhaust installed. First impressions and pics!-eq8mcph.jpg

AWE-Tuning Resonated Touring Exhaust installed. First impressions and pics!-bamitp4.jpg

AWE-Tuning Resonated Touring Exhaust installed. First impressions and pics!-usapkzs.jpg

AWE-Tuning Resonated Touring Exhaust installed. First impressions and pics!-igti0kf.jpg
Old 04-07-2018, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome pics. Any videos??
Old 04-07-2018, 05:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 2PUTT
Awesome pics. Any videos??
I'd like to see one as well. I'm surprised they didn't redo the rear facia like ABT does .
Old 04-07-2018, 06:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AndroidRobot
I'd like to see one as well. I'm surprised they didn't redo the rear facia like ABT does .
spoke to them about this a couple of weeks ago. it'll be too much redesign that would require a rear bumper cover/valance. i don't think they really expect a lot of people buying the exhaust for this vehicle.
Old 04-07-2018, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by 2PUTT
spoke to them about this a couple of weeks ago. it'll be too much redesign that would require a rear bumper cover/valance. i don't think they really expect a lot of people buying the exhaust for this vehicle.
The rear facia never bothered me for the record. ABT does make an entirely new rear bumper and exhaust system. The price is likely much higher than what AWE charges, either way the sound is what's important.
Old 04-07-2018, 11:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Come on... video/audio!
Old 04-08-2018, 06:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

The install looks nice and clean. Looking forward to the video/audio of cold start, idle, rev, drive-by, and drive-by under acceleration
Old 04-08-2018, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great! Anxious for some videos.
Old 04-08-2018, 06:45 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very interested in hearing how it sounds! Did you need AWE to install or would this be something you could install yourself?
Old 04-09-2018, 09:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Is this valved so you can shut it up in comfort and turn it up in dynamic or is it just all exhaust all the time?

Quick Reply: AWE-Tuning Resonated Touring Exhaust installed. First impressions and pics!