Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Audi Letter

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2015, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Audi Letter

How to use many words to say very little. I like Porsche's letter a whole lot more.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Audi_Letter.pdf (510.7 KB, 260 views)

Last edited by DUTCH VanAtlanta; 12-24-2015 at 10:06 AM.
Old 12-24-2015, 10:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Kinda BS... Audi should AT LEAST extend your roadside assistance warranty and maybe even extend another warranty.. Powertrain? im surprised they would skimp out like that.. Considering what Porsche offered to cayenne owners, maybe a group of TDI owners should get together and call Audi on that, the Cayenne Diesel and Q7 TDI are essentially very similar vehicle when it comes to price and powertrain.. Given the cayenne can be optioned higher in price. That doesn't mean that the cayenne should get a better "deal" for the owner. Both brands are under Volkswagen Auto Group.. So it really should be the same... Hopefully 3.0TDI engines won't lose to much value as it really hasn't been displayed over US TV how the 3.0TDI is effected. Only time will tell.. Such an unfortunate turn of events for TDI owners :-(
Old 12-24-2015, 10:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I sent an email to Auditalk telling them that I like the Porsche letter better than theirs. Based on past experience with Auditalk, it probably won't change a thing.
Old 12-25-2015, 08:21 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi Canada Letter

Audi TDI letter.pdfThe CDN letter pretty much says the same thing: a whole lot of nothing
Old 12-26-2015, 08:30 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I haven't received a letter yet - Canadian 2015 TDI...same wording as the website..... their wording all but admits there is an issue since they are working on an update. Thinking I will try on my next service visit to specifically decline on the work order any software updates.

Unfortunately it looks like time to join a class action lawsuit like my VW brothers.
Old 12-27-2015, 02:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by G-Mack

Unfortunately it looks like time to join a class action lawsuit like my VW brothers.
To help the attorneys get richer? You certainly won't.
Old 12-27-2015, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DUTCH VanAtlanta
I sent an email to Auditalk telling them that I like the Porsche letter better than theirs. Based on past experience with Auditalk, it probably won't change a thing.
I wrote them an email this morning, specifically pointing out the similar drivetrains of the Porsche Cayenne, Audi 3.0TDI and VW Touareg TDI models, and hoping that VAG would not discriminate amongst this group of vehicles, as one brand should not be given any remedy different than another.
Old 12-27-2015, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by soonerfan
I wrote them an email this morning, specifically pointing out the similar drivetrains of the Porsche Cayenne, Audi 3.0TDI and VW Touareg TDI models, and hoping that VAG would not discriminate amongst this group of vehicles, as one brand should not be given any remedy different than another.
Good on ya; but I hope you won't be holding your breath waiting for a response.

There is a totally different philosophy when they give consideration to a Porsche vs an Audi customer. Different demographics.
Old 12-27-2015, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by DUTCH VanAtlanta
To help the attorneys get richer? You certainly won't.
We can hate Lawyers etc , etc, but the reality is the class action lawsuits will happen whether we sign up on them or not. Just being a realist.
Old 12-27-2015, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

and you will get the same amount in the end as if you part as if you participated or did not.

Quick Reply: Audi Letter