Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

2011 Audi Q7 S-Line Orca Black - Every Option Available!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 09:21 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiInSav
Question...if they don't know what I am talking about, then why did they say that they are working on it and it will be available by the end of the year? My sales rep spoke to their STaSIS rep today and said they are working on it! When it becomes available, I will upgrasde to it. Coming from an M5 with 500hp it will be nice to have 400 hp at my foot again.
Because you said you already have it installed. That's why. They don't have it yet so there was no way you could have it so they didn't know what you were talking about. Clear? But I understand the excitement and how you can get ahead of yourself. Anyways the time frame seems about what I gathered from them as well. Let us know when it actually gets installed. I love the 333hp so far in ours but I'm trying to wait a few hundred more miles before I really get on it. I'm anxious to hear how the 400hp is. Enjoy.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by PkB2011
Because you said you already have it installed. That's why. They don't have it yet so there was no way you could have it so they didn't know what you were talking about. Clear? But I understand the excitement and how you can get ahead of yourself. Anyways the time frame seems about what I gathered from them as well. Let us know when it actually gets installed. I love the 333hp so far in ours but I'm trying to wait a few hundred more miles before I really get on it. I'm anxious to hear how the 400hp is. Enjoy.
Read what I said again, I never said I had STaSIS installed, you assumed I did. All I said is that Jax Audi has STaSIS and that they can increase the hp of your Q. I don't know which location you called, but my sales rep is tight with the STaSIS engineers ay his dealership and they are indeed working on this. Regardless, STaSIS knows to call me when its ready. As far as you breaking in your Q, the factory ran your engine at full throttle for one hour straight in order to pass inspection. Time for you to enjoy too.
Old 12-04-2010, 05:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by AudiInSav
Read what I said again, I never said I had STaSIS installed, you assumed I did. All I said is that Jax Audi has STaSIS and that they can increase the hp of your Q. I don't know which location you called, but my sales rep is tight with the STaSIS engineers ay his dealership and they are indeed working on this. Regardless, STaSIS knows to call me when its ready. As far as you breaking in your Q, the factory ran your engine at full throttle for one hour straight in order to pass inspection. Time for you to enjoy too.
Right. But they don't have it yet for the Q7. So no they can't. Not yet. But they will soon enough, so no use arguing semantics. regardless I appreciate the info. Now I have something to look forward too. I just have to get a boat now to have a "reason" to get the added power. LoL
Old 12-04-2010, 05:40 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default DVD with B&O

Just watched a little bit of Avatar DVD on the B&O. OMG!!! Don't even think twice guys...get the B&O!!! I have never heard a movie sound that awesome. I have a high end Denon system in the house and now I want to watch all my movies in the Q7! This system will definitely spoil you! If you are on the fence about the B&O....JUMP! You will be glad you did!
Old 12-04-2010, 06:54 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

ECU controlled boost setting is the difference.

The reason why the mileage figures are the same is that you are not into boost while driving normally (city or highway) in either engine version; thus no power increase to offset fuel consumption.

However, when under load (WOT or close to it), boost, on the s-line version, is higher, and does not bleed off as fast- giving you more hp, but eat more fuel.

If you were to compare mileage under WOT, the S-line version will be worse.

And, for the soon-to-be-released StaSIS upgrade (if similar to the B8S4 mod), their programming allows for the boost to maintain up to redline, which is where you see the biggest gains. On the stick S4, power is peaked over a relatively wide power band (which is done by controlling boost), then the boost bleeds off signicantly to redline.

the StaSIS chip will give you 30-40 hp over stock peak, but you will see closer to 80 hp gains at redline, since stock hp is dropping off, where the StaSIS holds boost longer, keeping the hp up.

Last edited by IAS5; 12-04-2010 at 07:00 AM.
Old 12-04-2010, 08:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by PkB2011
Right. But they don't have it yet for the Q7. So no they can't. Not yet. But they will soon enough, so no use arguing semantics. regardless I appreciate the info. Now I have something to look forward too. I just have to get a boat now to have a "reason" to get the added power. LoL
I agree with you. As far as a boat...Check out the Seadoo 230 Challenger SE with 510hp. It's what I have, it will hold 12 people easily, go 65mph and draws 12" of water. It handles like a sports car. Lots of fun!
Old 12-04-2010, 09:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by IAS5
ECU controlled boost setting is the difference.

The reason why the mileage figures are the same is that you are not into boost while driving normally (city or highway) in either engine version; thus no power increase to offset fuel consumption.

However, when under load (WOT or close to it), boost, on the s-line version, is higher, and does not bleed off as fast- giving you more hp, but eat more fuel.

If you were to compare mileage under WOT, the S-line version will be worse.

And, for the soon-to-be-released StaSIS upgrade (if similar to the B8S4 mod), their programming allows for the boost to maintain up to redline, which is where you see the biggest gains. On the stick S4, power is peaked over a relatively wide power band (which is done by controlling boost), then the boost bleeds off signicantly to redline.

the StaSIS chip will give you 30-40 hp over stock peak, but you will see closer to 80 hp gains at redline, since stock hp is dropping off, where the StaSIS holds boost longer, keeping the hp up.
Well said. Anyone that boosts a supercharged Q7 won't be too concerend about the mpg loss. Coming from an M5 that on a good day gave me 10 mpg, I will be happy as hell.
Old 12-05-2010, 02:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Loaded with every single option you can imagine... except the sports front seats!

Will never be able to work out AOA's logic on the lack of this option.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by adriangroom
Loaded with every single option you can imagine... except the sports front seats!

Will never be able to work out AOA's logic on the lack of this option.
Yepp, I agree with you mate, without Sport seats Q7 is not so worthy I think, Sport seats are one of the best parts of Q7.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Can sport seats be imported into the US? Any pictures of what they look like?

Quick Reply: 2011 Audi Q7 S-Line Orca Black - Every Option Available!