Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

2013 Q7

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2017, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 Q7

Hey all, new to the forum and new to Audi. Previously owned a BMW and a Lexus. I recently purchased a used 2013 Q7 Premium plus, with 60K miles. Based on the carfax, it was well maintained and all services were performed at the local Audi dealer. Ive scanned through some posts here and still I'm still in limbo about purchasing and extended warranty. The dealer quoted me a policy for 6 years for $3 thousand dollars...Should I shop around or just not waste money on an extended warranty....
Old 01-26-2017, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Let me explain my strategy when I buy one of these cars. I look for a car coming off a lease that is 3 years old. these cars hold up well enough so when they are 3 years old they are still pretty much new. In a lot of cases Audi will certify the car for another 2 years from date of purchase. so if you find one of these, you still have one year of the bumper to bumper warrantee because it's 4 years and transferred to the new owner. then you still have the 2 year certified warrantee up to 100,000 miles. yeah you may pay alittle more up front but I think it's cheaper that paying for some thing that the dealer is trying to sell you. with the certified program the dealer goes through the car and replaces things that aren't up to Audi standards before you get the car. I live in upper New York state where we have a lot of salt so I don;t buy Audi's up here I go down south to get them so they haven't seen the salt yet. Last year I bought a 2013 s-line that way. came form New York city area. was it perfect "No" but it was nice enough and the dealer just certified it but it came from an auction. I didn't get the extra 2 years but it's my second one and I have a VAG com so I think I can fix it if i need to. after 2012 these are pretty good cars. they fixed most of the problems. So far it's been fine for me. only problem I have is my wife won;t let me drive it
Old 01-26-2017, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=So far it's been fine for me. only problem I have is my wife won;t let me drive it[/QUOTE]

Happy wife happy life :-) So are you saying models after 2012 are pretty reliable, so I should save my money and not purchase an extended warranty? I'm in CT so by law I currently have a 60 day used car warranty. I have 2 months to decide if I want to add additional coverage.
Old 01-26-2017, 11:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes after 2012 they are pretty good, they changed and fixed the door handles, Different engine that's now used in most models, Hard drive for the electronics, not ot say this is better because if it goes bad you can;t fix it anyway just a different system, they fixed the sun roof from leaking. it's pretty solid but if it makes you feel better pay for the extra warantee. anything can happen at any time but these are pretty solid. But if i was looking to buy one right now I'd be looking for a 2014. based on what I said above. I had a 2007 the first year they came into the states. just because it was a new model it has problems, still a nice car but I had to learn a lot. If you're not a car guy and don't plan on touching it you might want to think about the warantee. Make sure you read what the warantee covers, The expensive stuff is the electronics read the fine print some don't cover the electronics. Ware items will have to be fixed, like brakes rotors expensive if you don't do it yourself. Warantee's don't cover that stuff.
But we love ours.