Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

2017 Q7 Tech not working AT ALL ... Help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2017 Q7 Tech not working AT ALL ... Help!

Hi guys,

I custom ordered my 2017 in April; took delivery in August. That's when the problems started. I'm pretty tech savvy; and was shuffling between the Q7 (great drive/ mediocre tech) and the XC 90 (excellent tech/solid drive). I ended up choosing the Q7 and now I hate it. NONE of the tech in my car works besides Apple Car play... and bluetooth. That's it. At first my sales person kept blowing me off saying to call customer experience... did that.. sat in the car and performed all kind of resets and restores. After a week of doing this... they couldn't help me... they said take it back to the dealership. Contacted GM because at this point the salesperson had started to blow me off. He said to bring it in and have the technology guy look at it. Tech guy at the dealership spent 2 mins in it and said yeah none of this stuff works; call customer experience. This is when I lost it. This is a 72K car where none of the features I paid for (as mediocre as they are even work); and they are not helpful at all. I had a fit; then they told me to bring it in to the service department.

That was two weeks ago. They gave me a loaner car; and for the last few days have been calling to tell me that there is nothing that they can do. They want me to return the loaner and pick up my vehicle that's STILL NOT working because they say my issue is with Audi Corp.

How is this is even possible. This is my first and probably last foreign car .. Out of rage I tweeted Audi and they gave me an email address. I am thinking that now I've tried repair attempts and this HAS to be somehow covered by the lemon law.

I can't imagine that I'm the only one having issues with this car; before I move forward I just wanted to poll to see if anyone else has had this happen.

This is what is wrong with my car:

Audi MMI app doesn't work at all; doesn't lock or unlock.. even after the salesperson "verified" my account.. just did at at the end of September when we were starting the troubleshooting. Found that out after being on the phone with customer experience day 5.

Audi Connect: Nothing remotely related to this works; no wifi; no phone no nothing.

Bluetooth will drop and pick up and sometimes work; but no wifi player etc...

I'm frustrated.. if someone has a contact or anything that could help.. I would SO appreciate it.
Old 10-25-2016, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Are you sure your sales person setup the key user for you. Go to the Audi Connect menu, and then go to the right and click on user management and make sure a key user is setup (should not say 0 next to key user).
Old 10-25-2016, 09:05 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
Are you sure your sales person setup the key user for you. Go to the Audi Connect menu, and then go to the right and click on user management and make sure a key user is setup (should not say 0 next to key user).
Hi!! Thanks for responding. He didn't at first! We did this over the phone with customer experience. And the dealership service tech claims they have reset and re added the key user a couple of times.
Old 10-25-2016, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by savvvy
Hi!! Thanks for responding. He didn't at first! We did this over the phone with customer experience. And the dealership service tech claims they have reset and re added the key user a couple of times.
So the scratch off code was entered into your MMI? Your key user contract also needs to be verified by your sales person.
Old 10-25-2016, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
So the scratch off code was entered into your MMI? Your key user contract also needs to be verified by your sales person.
Yes, scratch off code was entered. The key user contract was verified (when I had the first meltdown) in late September. But up until that point, he had me thinking it was me doing it wrong... knowing the whole time I couldn't do anything until he had verified that contract.
Old 10-25-2016, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Try another dealer.

Yes, scratch off code was entered. The key user contract was verified (when I had the first meltdown) in late September. But up until that point, he had me thinking it was me doing it wrong... knowing the whole time I couldn't do anything until he had verified that contract.
I only give dealerships 1 chance at my business before I go elsewhere. It also a first year model, so you'll have to beta test the system for Audi. It's a well known industry practice to have consumers work out the 1st year bugs. Car is running so the issues, relatively speaking aren't major. You can always use your smartphone until it is fixed.

Enjoy the drive, that's why you bought a Audi. The electronics, meh, not the real reason you bought an Audi...right?
Old 10-25-2016, 12:23 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by h3rmes
I only give dealerships 1 chance at my business before I go elsewhere. It also a first year model, so you'll have to beta test the system for Audi. It's a well known industry practice to have consumers work out the 1st year bugs. Car is running so the issues, relatively speaking aren't major. You can always use your smartphone until it is fixed.

Enjoy the drive, that's why you bought a Audi. The electronics, meh, not the real reason you bought an Audi...right?
I'm sorry.. I completely disagree with this statement. I paid 72K for a car that is not even 2 months old. Everything should work. For me as a consumer; tech features are important. And I think its ridiculous for them to try to send me home with a 2 month old car where NONE of it works?? There has to be a way to fix it. Maybe you and I are different consumers... but I could have paid a lot less to get a basic drive and apps that worked. I really hate that I bought this car and the customer service that has accompanied it. I thought foreign cars were supposed to be superior in CS... not true for Audi.
Old 10-25-2016, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Audis are great cars!

I'm sorry.. I completely disagree with this statement. I paid 72K for a car that is not even 2 months old. Everything should work. For me as a consumer; tech features are important. And I think its ridiculous for them to try to send me home with a 2 month old car where NONE of it works?? There has to be a way to fix it. Maybe you and I are different consumers... but I could have paid a lot less to get a basic drive and apps that worked. I really hate that I bought this car and the customer service that has accompanied it. I thought foreign cars were supposed to be superior in CS... not true for Audi.
Sure everything should work, but, the car drives. I am sure Audi will fix it. Just need to find the right dealer. Doesn't seem to me like this is a competent dealer. I went through 4 of them before I found one to fix an issue with my steering wheel vibrating for no reason. They replaced the engine mounts to fix it. Took 3 days to fix at an extreme warranty cost to Audi. But that's the way Audi likes to do things.

Yeah 72K is an awfully high price for admission. That's why I chose the last year model 2015 Q7. All the bugs already worked out in its final year. I already had the coolant tank melt for no reason in my first year Audi Q5 back in 2009. But Audi did its fair share, by flatbedding the car to my local dealer, fixing the coolant tank and extending the drive train warranty to 100,000 miles. I did not have to ask. I am still amazed. Too bad I sold the Q5, but the new owner gets the benefit too.

You should ask, if and when the electronics get fixed whether Audi will honor an extended warranty beyond what is provided in the new car warranty. Chance are they may very well extend the warranty, given the inconvenience you have suffered.
Old 10-25-2016, 03:57 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 283 Likes on 203 Posts

Q7 MKII Discussion - AudiWorld Forums
Old 10-25-2016, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts

You DO realize you are posting in the wrong forum don't you? This forum is for the 2005 thru 2015 Q7.

Quick Reply: 2017 Q7 Tech not working AT ALL ... Help!