Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

install led headlight

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2012, 06:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jusforfun
Yes but the small print at the bottom of the page on Kufatec Control Unit page states not suitable for USA so I dont know where that leaves you.
ok check this out. this wire on this link is they someone that work on the A6 they said http://www.kufatec.de/shop/de/Audi/Q...fer-Audi-Q7-4L

but one of my boy have a difference wire that he got when he get his lights. but the person he had buy the lights from got it from oemplus
Old 08-03-2012, 02:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just installed the Bi-xenon LED headlights into a customers Q7, he originally had halogen lights, I used the kufatec adaptors, the 2 wires on their adaptors must be connected to the J519 control unit to activate high beams,( kufatek also states that you must replace the control unit for the leds to work but I did not , i wired up the leds to work with ignition, this way the leds do not dim with the headlights on)so if you are happy for the leds not to dim you do not have to replace the control module.
Again this is for converting from Halogen to new bi-xenon, if you are converting from old bi-xenon to new led bi-xenon then it is a different process.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by xlr8it
I just installed the Bi-xenon LED headlights into a customers Q7, he originally had halogen lights, I used the kufatec adaptors, the 2 wires on their adaptors must be connected to the J519 control unit to activate high beams,( kufatek also states that you must replace the control unit for the leds to work but I did not , i wired up the leds to work with ignition, this way the leds do not dim with the headlights on)so if you are happy for the leds not to dim you do not have to replace the control module.
Again this is for converting from Halogen to new bi-xenon, if you are converting from old bi-xenon to new led bi-xenon then it is a different process.
Hi xlr8it,

ok, I am also trying to install from Halogen to Bixenon/LED, my question is the kuftac cable I have has 4 wires which I read needs to plug into the J519 (pin 6, pin 1, pin 6, pin 16 as seen in the picture ) is this correct ? Also which cables did you use from Kuftac and how did you hook it up to work with the ignition ? Any information would be greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance.....
Attached Images  
Old 08-06-2012, 01:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

you are correct with those wires, but according to kufatec the control module on some of the halogen cars has to be replaced,the harness they sent me only had 2 wires for that reason ( does not look like they sell the 4 wire one anymore),the car I did was a 2008 (MY09)model and the led would not work with the J519 that the car had. So I wired up pin 10 & 12 on the new headlight together to a Black/white wire (ignition) on the original headlight plug.

Originally Posted by coupegt87
Hi xlr8it,

ok, I am also trying to install from Halogen to Bixenon/LED, my question is the kuftac cable I have has 4 wires which I read needs to plug into the J519 (pin 6, pin 1, pin 6, pin 16 as seen in the picture ) is this correct ? Also which cables did you use from Kuftac and how did you hook it up to work with the ignition ? Any information would be greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance.....

Last edited by xlr8it; 08-06-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

ok how did u do that ? and do you have a picture? also what wire did u order.
oemplus said you can use the A6 wire 33912-1 that will work also
Old 08-09-2012, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Hi xlr8it,
can you send the link to that wire ?
Old 08-09-2012, 08:02 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Kc Taylor
Hi xlr8it,
can you send the link to that wire ?
http://www.kufatec.de/shop/en/Audi/Q...ter-Audi-Q7-4L
Old 08-13-2012, 02:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

ok thanks.

how did u get the led to work again u was saying u can connect it to some wire?
Old 08-13-2012, 02:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

ok u said here u. So I wired up pin 10 & 12 on the new headlight together to a Black/white wire (ignition) on the original headlight plug. can u send a picture of this ? also the 2 pinss that's on the new wire what # u plug them in on the module ?
Old 09-03-2012, 02:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

you are correct with those wires, but according to kufatec the control module on some of the halogen cars has to be replaced,the harness they sent me only had 2 wires for that reason ( does not look like they sell the 4 wire one anymore),the car I did was a 2008 (MY09)model and the led would not work with the J519 that the car had. So I wired up pin 10 & 12 on the new headlight together to a Black/white wire (ignition) on the original headlight plug.
hey can you send a picture where you connect the wire together at.

Quick Reply: install led headlight