Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

New 2012 Q7 arrived and home in the garage.

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2012, 03:59 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2012 Q7 arrived and home in the garage.

I ordered my Q7 in mid January and it arrived last week! Would have been here a week earlier had it not been for it being held up at port for a reason that was unnecessary. I am loving this car. I pretty well got everything except the B&O like another poster. For any women reading this or people wondering if their wives would like this car. They will. I love my Lava Grey and the Espresso interior is GORGEOUS in this car. The car looks plush and feels plush to drive. Enjoying the Air Suspension, Google Maps as part of my Nav, awesome ride on the interstate, have had to slow myself down not realizing I'm going 95 mph. Minor things: Would love to figure out how to stream pandora. My heated steering wheel is not very warm but has had a few warm moments. I need to figure out what I should expect. Wish I could lower the car a bit more for elderly passengers. My splash guards are not here yet and will be installed this week. I could keep going on, but will stop there. happy happy
Old 04-16-2012, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 83 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by Q7DreamGirl
...My heated steering wheel is not very warm but has had a few warm moments.* I need to figure out what I should expect. Wish I could lower the car a bit more for elderly passengers.** My splash guards are not here yet and will be installed this week. I could keep going on, but will stop there. happy happy***
*I'm guessing you aren't in a cold clime (Hint: complete your profile). You'll almost certainly feel it more on days when the temp outside is freezing; your hands'll be toasty by the end of the driveway! FWIW, the heated wheel in mine (2004 A8L) won't come on unless the cabin temp is 68F or below (a bit silly IMHO).

**VCDS (VAG-com) may lower it with simple inputs, you should search the forum archive (STFA).

***jealous jealous
Seriously, congrats! If/when we need an SUV it'll be a Q7. And I do love that espresso leather!
Old 04-17-2012, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default S-line splash guards?

.......... My splash guards are not here yet and will be installed this week..........
Congrats on your new Q. Would appreciate more info on your S-line splash guards........ my dealer says they are not available to fit the S-line.

-thanks/ark
Old 04-17-2012, 08:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by arkbbq
Congrats on your new Q. Would appreciate more info on your S-line splash guards........ my dealer says they are not available to fit the S-line.

-thanks/ark
Congrats on your new Q7. I too was told that the splash guards are not available for the Sline prestige. Please provide more info such as part # if you did get them.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Didn't mean to mislead. Didn't get S line as wanted the cold weather package and didn't care enough for the tires, leather, and other appearance features to get it. Will post pics of the car before and after splash guards when I get a chance.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:48 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by aTOMic*
*I'm guessing you aren't in a cold clime (Hint: complete your profile). You'll almost certainly feel it more on days when the temp outside is freezing; your hands'll be toasty by the end of the driveway! FWIW, the heated wheel in mine (2004 A8L) won't come on unless the cabin temp is 68F or below (a bit silly IMHO).

**VCDS (VAG-com) may lower it with simple inputs, you should search the forum archive (STFA).

***jealous jealous
Seriously, congrats! If/when we need an SUV it'll be a Q7. And I do love that espresso leather!
Thanks for the info!
Old 05-12-2012, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you may be talking about me (re: other poster). I ordered our MY12 Q7 on Jan 29. It is for my wife and 5 month old. She can't wait. It will be here next Thursday (May 17). We ordered all options (except B&O) for a premium plus. She wanted a better ride without worrying (too much) on curb rash. Ours is glacier white with black interior. We too ordered the splash guards. She is super excited like Q7DreamGirl. She doesn't post, so I will convey I'll post pics after we pick it up. I'm told it was received on schedule into the port of Houston on May 11. I'm excited for her. I drive an 09 Porsche Carerra S. It sounds like Q7DreamGirl and us have the same brand name cars. We also have a Jaguar XF.
Old 05-13-2012, 07:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by edporsche
I think you may be talking about me (re: other poster). I ordered our MY12 Q7 on Jan 29. It is for my wife and 5 month old. She can't wait. It will be here next Thursday (May 17). We ordered all options (except B&O) for a premium plus. She wanted a better ride without worrying (too much) on curb rash. Ours is glacier white with black interior. We too ordered the splash guards. She is super excited like Q7DreamGirl. She doesn't post, so I will convey I'll post pics after we pick it up. I'm told it was received on schedule into the port of Houston on May 11. I'm excited for her. I drive an 09 Porsche Carerra S. It sounds like Q7DreamGirl and us have the same brand name cars. We also have a Jaguar XF.

So funny because some day I will have a Jag. I drove a Jag convertible of a friend's for a while and if I didn't have my Boxter (which is my heart) I would get one. Your wife is going to LOVE her new car. All the mechanical things aside, Audi's are a hot commodity these days and I have at least 3 people I know who are probably going to get a new Audi after seeing mine.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:38 AM
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I ordered my Q7 in mid January and it arrived last week! Would have been here a week earlier had it not been for it being held up at port for a reason that was unnecessary. I am loving this car. I pretty well got everything except the B&O like another poster. For any women reading this or people wondering if their wives would like this car. They will. I love my Lava Grey and the Espresso interior is GORGEOUS in this car. The car looks plush and feels plush to drive. Enjoying the Air Suspension, Google Maps as part of my Nav, awesome ride on the interstate, have had to slow myself down not realizing I'm going 95 mph. Minor things: Would love to figure out how to stream pandora. My heated steering wheel is not very warm but has had a few warm moments. I need to figure out what I should expect. Wish I could lower the car a bit more for elderly passengers. My splash guards are not here yet and will be installed this week. I could keep going on, but will stop there. happy happy
Espresso leather is my favorite!!!
Old 05-16-2012, 12:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Wish I could lower the car a bit more for elderly passengers.
Although 'lower for loading' probably wasnt intended for elderly passengers, if you are quick enough to select this through MMI before anyone opens a door, this is your best bet to get the car low enough.

Alternatively, just hit 'dynamic' and thats generally lower too.

Enjoy the ride!

Quick Reply: New 2012 Q7 arrived and home in the garage.