Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

New feature in iOS 6.1 + iTunes Match + Audi MMI

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New feature in iOS 6.1 + iTunes Match + Audi MMI

I'm happy to see some great new features with iOS6.1 with iTunes Match when connected to Audi MMI.

Previously if you were a subscriber to Apple's iTunes Match offering, you were able to only see the music tracks that you had manually downloaded to your connected device - all the tracks that were available in the cloud (but not downloaded) were not visible via the MMI.

With iOS 6.1, the MMI now displays ALL tracks in the cloud and you are able to select and play any of them via the MMI. This is a very welcome addition because now, you have your entire music library accessible while you drive.

Another surprising addition, is that you can also browse the tracks ON your device (which was previously blocked with an 'Accessory connected' blocking screen.

This is a great new feature of iOS that makes an iPhone even more appealing.
Old 01-30-2013, 08:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 251 Likes on 211 Posts

Nice... I downloaded 6.1 but have not plugged iPhone into AMI as I keep an old iPod there. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

now if there was only a way to randomly play tracks, that would be ideal.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Bklyn_Quattro
now if there was only a way to randomly play tracks, that would be ideal.
Since the iPhone music app is no longer blocked when connected to the AMI, you can choose any artist or your entire library or playlist and select "shuffle". You can also do it within the MMI by selecting "control" and then "Mix"
Old 02-01-2013, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice find. Thanks for the info. Going to try this out...
Old 02-02-2013, 04:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Guys,
I'm new to all of this with the 2013 Q7.
So are you talking about using the plug in the glove box to do this?
I bought a older iPod for the glove box and it does play the stored music off it just fine.
What I'm really interested in is Pandora Radio.
I can get it to stream via bluetooth from my iPhone 5 just fine, no track info or album art though.
And since the Q7 has a HotSpot I was hoping it would also work from the iPod in the glove box but it too needs to stream via BT and the Audi only allows 1 BT connection so if I fire up the BT on the iPod it kicks my iPhone off.
Does anyone know how to get an iPod in the glove box connected to the cable to stream Pandora over WiFi??
My buddy has a Toyota and his radio shows album art ect all from his phone.
Thx
Old 02-02-2013, 07:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

I hook a 4s to the plug for the AMI and if you open Pandora App and hit the play button the ipod it will synch and show the song title on the MMI screen. It will take priority over playing the iphone music playlist.

Originally Posted by bothfly
Guys,
I'm new to all of this with the 2013 Q7.
So are you talking about using the plug in the glove box to do this?
I bought a older iPod for the glove box and it does play the stored music off it just fine.
What I'm really interested in is Pandora Radio.
I can get it to stream via bluetooth from my iPhone 5 just fine, no track info or album art though.
And since the Q7 has a HotSpot I was hoping it would also work from the iPod in the glove box but it too needs to stream via BT and the Audi only allows 1 BT connection so if I fire up the BT on the iPod it kicks my iPhone off.
Does anyone know how to get an iPod in the glove box connected to the cable to stream Pandora over WiFi??
My buddy has a Toyota and his radio shows album art ect all from his phone.
Thx
Old 02-02-2013, 09:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by knepster
I hook a 4s to the plug for the AMI and if you open Pandora App and hit the play button the ipod it will synch and show the song title on the MMI screen. It will take priority over playing the iphone music playlist.
And your doing this over WiFi or using the Bluetooth connection??
Old 02-02-2013, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

WiFi and 3G

I can get music from slacker, pandora, tune in radio, spotify, etc...when you are in the AMI mode your iphone will begin playing the song (FROM YOUR MP LIBRARY) that you just left off playing or start at the beginning of your playlist...at that point I just go into my iphone, click open the music app ie: pandora and search for artist, song radio station etc...and then press play on the phone..it interrupts the IPHONE LIBRARY music list stream that is loaded on iphone and starts to play the stream of the particular app you have executed. It is pretty seamless.

Originally Posted by bothfly
And your doing this over WiFi or using the Bluetooth connection??
Old 02-02-2013, 12:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

One more point, its not bluetooth as I have a 07. They did not have bluetooth capability for streaming music.

Quick Reply: New feature in iOS 6.1 + iTunes Match + Audi MMI