Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

new injectors

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2021, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 77 Likes on 62 Posts
Default new injectors

Audi never ceases to amaze me. For the last while I have been battling a cyl imbalance #3 They found rodent damage to the wires so repaired it. I still keep getting that code pop up. Then they tell me they did the adaptation wrong so redid it. I then get a code pop up again. Same code too. They redid the adaptation correctly. well I get another code pop up so call them to let them know it's not fixed. A few days go by and just a couple days before my scheduled appt. I get Cyl 5 imbalance. We now have cyl 3 misfire 31 times and cyl 5 misfire twice. Just got out of there now. They are replacing 2 injectors. 1900 in parts. The DPF was replaced 3 weeks ago. Gotta love dieselgate.
Old 07-09-2021, 03:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Injectors are now replaced, While I was waiting to get the car into Audi, I tripped another code for P310E - Exhaust gas recirculation cooler bypass valve 2 Implausible signal. I am moving to another part of BC. Nearest Audi dealer will be 150 miles away. I was told for it to be warrantied it needs to trip twice and we now have that. I think they are not liking me at the dealer.

Old 09-30-2021, 08:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Took the car in to get EGR cooler done. told them we moved 500kms away now. They gave me a Q5 with 8400 kms on it. 39 days later, the car has 12500 kms. they had staffing issues and then they tell me. We got it all done and then on the test drive got a code for fuel system failure. They tell me the tank gets taken out for flushing and all new parts from there to the engine. HPFP ?? They are waiting to hear from Audi Canada.

Old 10-01-2021, 04:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Im quite honeslty thinking your HPFP was going all along and it just so happned that metal shavings were probably in CYL 3 and then CYL 5... same bank.... so that could have been the issue all along.
Old 10-01-2021, 04:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Probably right but no idea. Never had any codes except cyl imbalance 3 and it did it a few times then eventually gave me code for 5. Still no word from Audi.
Old 10-02-2021, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 721 Likes on 597 Posts

Find a dealer where the service dept. doesn't suck, and it will all work out fine. I'm a bit disheartened that dealer I went to kept car for 90+ days waiting on EGR part, but ignored all the obvious oil leaks they should've resolved while I was driving their brand new, just off-demo, fully loaded Q7 gasser. Looking forward to driving theirs while they drop the engine on mine, lol...idiots. Two more years of warranty to go.
The following users liked this post:
Edzzed (10-04-2021)
Old 10-06-2021, 04:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Talked to Audi today. (Oct 6) and they tell me they heard back from Audi Canada. They are replacing the HPFP and waiting on a pulley. I did ask what pulley. He said it has to do with the HPFP. And they are flushing the fuel lines. I asked do they not replace the lines. He said the sample they took showed no metal in it. I asked what code they got to replace the HPFP and he said P0191 low fuel rail pressure. Audi Canada seems to think the HPFP is not giving the required pressures and feel this will solve the issue. I assume they replaced the sensor and still tripped the code. He seems to think I will get my car back sometime next week. I just said your loaner insurance expires on Halloween and it'll turn into a pumpkin then. Me just wants me car back. We bought a new boat and I'd like to go fishing soon.
Old 10-09-2021, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 721 Likes on 597 Posts

Time to go 'meet thy neighbors' and have one of them drop your boat in the water and go fishing...why wait.
The following users liked this post:
Edzzed (10-09-2021)
Old 10-09-2021, 05:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Don't really know the neighbors yet. We moved here in July but haven't spent a lot of time here. I am up to 13200 kms from the 8400 when they gave it to me. I still have 500 kms to add to it when I return their car.
Old 10-16-2021, 02:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Talked to Audi yesterday (Oct 15) and they tell me they were hooking up fuel lines to the new pump and there is gunk in the lines. They did not find metal in there. Waiting to hear from Audi Canada but service advisor says he thinks they will tell them to flush the lines. I said if gunk is in the lines, How much is in the tank. ugh. I no longer care how many miles I put on their car. We are at 57 days now. I did find a picture of a wrecked Q5. Same color as the courtesy car and sent it to them asking how much insurance they put on their loaners. They asked me for a police and ICBC file number to start a loss claim. Then I told them their car is fine.

Quick Reply: new injectors