Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Power Locking and Advanced Key

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Locking and Advanced Key

Just got our '07 Q7 3.6 S-line from a shop after 7 weeks following an accident (rear-ended) with damage to left rear quarter panel, bumper and suspension parts. Car looks and drives fine so far, but the power locks were not working when I picked it up. Thought it would be the battery (replaced one about 1 month prior to accident), so I put another one in when I got home. Not working still. Read endless threads on re-programming the keys and tried several different ones (in the door, ignition, with 2 keys, etc) but no luck. I did discover though that the car locks and unlocks with the key when I am inside the car, and also just outside with the key pointing through the window, but nothing at all beyond that. Any experience with what may be disconnected (sensor?) or need to be re-set following the work and long stay in the shop? Getting a little concerned.
Thanks in advance!
Old 01-18-2013, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

OK, this morning the car is completely dead. They key does not work at all, power locks on the door do not work. There are 5 lights staying on dash - breaks, ABS, EMC, Air Bags and looks like Traction and don't turn off when the key is out either. Hear constant clicking somewhere behind driver's seat. Any ideas/advice? Would dead battery cause this but still keep these lights on, or something else that needs to be addressed?
Old 01-18-2013, 08:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Had similar symptoms last year on my 07 Q7 ... dealer sourced a defective control module draining the battery which required replacement ... after replacement, dealer claimed < 1 Amp draw which is within normal range ... symptoms alleviated but not totally eliminated as battery still drains but at slower rate ... cannot start Q if not used in 2-3 days ... put my 120 V battery charger on battery and can tell time by it! ... charger level shows 100% charged for 90 seconds and then drops to 75% charged for 8 seconds ... this cycle repeats itself for as long as I have charger on battery ... dealer cannot seem to source problem ... what a nightmare
Old 01-18-2013, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TxPete
Just got our '07 Q7 3.6 S-line from a shop after 7 weeks following an accident (rear-ended) with damage to left rear quarter panel, bumper and suspension parts. Car looks and drives fine so far, but the power locks were not working when I picked it up. Thought it would be the battery (replaced one about 1 month prior to accident), so I put another one in when I got home. Not working still. Read endless threads on re-programming the keys and tried several different ones (in the door, ignition, with 2 keys, etc) but no luck. I did discover though that the car locks and unlocks with the key when I am inside the car, and also just outside with the key pointing through the window, but nothing at all beyond that. Any experience with what may be disconnected (sensor?) or need to be re-set following the work and long stay in the shop? Getting a little concerned.
Thanks in advance!
I'm sure you're already going to do this, but I'd take it back to whom ever did the repairs. Even if they can't find the problem or deny any responsibility, you should be able to get insurance to help out as it would not be too far a stretch to claim that it's part of the rear end damage. Hopefully it's just a re-code.