Q7 MK 1 Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 SUV built from 2005 to 2015

Stop-Sale initiated for all 3.0TDI vehicles in the VAG Family...

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2017, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

BMW's X5D has been delayed for an usual amount of time for "investigation". Curious if they found something or haven't and are desperately trying to. That motor was pulled from the site... no X5D available for 2017 as of yet.
Old 01-12-2017, 12:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by iconoclast
BMW's X5D has been delayed for an usual amount of time for "investigation". Curious if they found something or haven't and are desperately trying to. That motor was pulled from the site... no X5D available for 2017 as of yet.
I've been checking periodically and watching for news on X5 and GLS diesels. Seems both BMW and Mercedes are in the same boat for 2017.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Canadian Lurker
I've been checking periodically and watching for news on X5 and GLS diesels. Seems both BMW and Mercedes are in the same boat for 2017.
EPA is changing their test procedures in their attempt to catch cheaters. My old MB salesman friend tells me that there are hundreds of MB diesels sitting at the port awaiting certification; and they don't expect to have any to sell until the 2nd or 3rd quarter of this year.
Old 01-12-2017, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Last year at the Montréal Auto Show there was the new Mercedes C Class Diesel Wagon that was supposed to be in Canadian showrooms fall 2016... Still no sign of it. I know it's Canada but still, all diesels seem to be getting red flagged lately. What about Jaguar/Land Rover's 4cyl diesel that was supposed to come to the states? I haven't heard much news on that lately
Old 01-12-2017, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Default but mine is a gas....

Originally Posted by HBarlow
What makes you think being involved in the VW-Audi emissions issue makes a Q7 worth zero?

I'll give you $1000 for it. Let me know where you'll have the car and I'll come get it.

Look around on national advertising sites like cars.com and note how many TDIs are for sale at cheap prices.
and now they are looking at the 3.0 as well. $1000,00 eh.....hum.....naaa I would rather just keep it but I really appreciate the offer!
Old 01-12-2017, 01:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Default I would bet that very few if ANY cars will achieve EPA stds.

Originally Posted by iconoclast
Misery loves company. Appears FCAU may be cheating as well:
Fiat Chrysler shares plunge 18% after EPA accuses automaker of using deceptive software
all the time. I think it would be an interesting test to put a sniffer on any random car and drive it around for a day or 2 to see the real world results.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:45 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Originally Posted by DUTCH VanAtlanta
EPA is changing their test procedures in their attempt to catch cheaters. My old MB salesman friend tells me that there are hundreds of MB diesels sitting at the port awaiting certification; and they don't expect to have any to sell until the 2nd or 3rd quarter of this year.
witchunt... comical too considering the diesel market is less than 5% of all vehicles on the road, the low point was 1.5%... yet 72% of these commercial trucks (with a gvw over 10k lbs) are driving around letting out noxious fumes and are not being scrutinized. along with school buses, farm equipment, etc.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:48 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Originally Posted by Canadian Lurker
same. i know some people interested and apparently they're now looking at alternatives. this may sound like a tin-foil conspiracy theory but how convenient that the heavily subsidized gov't funded tesla x is out and doing poorly along with hybrid/ev sales in general at the same time the diesels are being banned or not for sale for an undetermined amount of time.
Old 01-12-2017, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Originally Posted by flynavy
all the time. I think it would be an interesting test to put a sniffer on any random car and drive it around for a day or 2 to see the real world results.
agreed... if you look at most DI/FSI engine powered vehicles their exhaust tips are absurdly caked with carbon. this is has come about over the last decade. i haven't seen these types of filthy tips since late 70s and 80s cars were still on the road.
Old 01-13-2017, 03:21 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Another one... The powers that be have reason to believe Renault is cheating on emissions as well...

French judicial probe opened into possible cheating over Renault emissions: Report

Quick Reply: Stop-Sale initiated for all 3.0TDI vehicles in the VAG Family...