Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

20 kia telluride sx-p vs 18 q7 prestige?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2022, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SQ8westcoast
I think if you put the Genesis GV80 into the discussion it would hold water , strategically KHG have tiered their portfolio to compete with a broad range of international brands . I had a Stinger GT and it was an awesome car ............but is was clearly a step below and S5 ............fit , finish , comfort , driving dynamics etc . In a straight-line , Yes I stomped several S5s and asst BMW but I don't hold that above a track competition , Kia are doing great things ! I'm a fan !
Absolutely. Totally agree.
Old 02-08-2022, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 133 Likes on 86 Posts

So do you have to park your Audi outside due to fire risk?

Timely for this thread - https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyl...e-to-fire-risk
The following users liked this post:
keg97 (02-09-2022)
Old 02-08-2022, 07:33 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 284 Likes on 204 Posts

Originally Posted by GeoJoe
So do you have to park your Audi outside due to fire risk?

Timely for this thread - https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyl...e-to-fire-risk
Nice try - older vehicles, nothing like the Telluride.

Hyundai said that when it finds a safety defect "we act swiftly and efficiently to recall the vehicle and fix the problem at no cost to affected customers."

At least they don't have to replace their water pumps at 25K miles, out-of-pocket!
Old 02-09-2022, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bananabird
If you read my comments, you'd know I don't own a Kia. I test drove a Telluride 3X, never said I owned it. I'm a member of this forum because I own an AUDI. The whole point of this thread was to ask which is a better vehicle for the money. Some of you just can't seem to handle other opinions that are contrary to your own. I never bashed Audi, never said they were junk, never said they were maintenance nightmares as your comment implies. I love my S4. I was simply answering a question honestly regarding which I think is better between a Q7 and a Telluride, particularly the SX version. Sorry so many of you seem offended by an opinion, or even facts. But again, I'm an Audi owner, and am on my 4th Audi now. I have owned them since 2010. If I had the choice between a similarly optioned Telluride or Q7, for the price, I'd choose the Telluride SX. Nothing more, nothing less.
"better value for the money" well throw in the pallisade, pilot. highlander, pathfinder etc.....then throw in the x5, x7, MB etc,,,,i predict this threat will grow to 10000 responses as better value for the money is subjective based on a persons wants and needs.....
Old 02-09-2022, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by scfz1000
"better value for the money" well throw in the pallisade, pilot. highlander, pathfinder etc.....then throw in the x5, x7, MB etc,,,,i predict this threat will grow to 10000 responses as better value for the money is subjective based on a persons wants and needs.....
*thread
Old 02-09-2022, 10:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 223 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Force-1
*thread
Arguably the threat is real

@bananabird
Cheekiness aside, I've been thinking about this quite a bit on my commute. What would the extra money buy you in an Audi that you're not getting in Kia. The answer is almost always going to be subjective, or ancillary to a spec sheet. Things like preference for styling, engine type, particular features or configuration will drive a preference. That extra cash is buying me something I like, versus something that just completes the task at hand. Perhaps someone really enjoys modifying their car, and the aftermarket support is better for the 2.0T vs Kia NA V6. Perhaps the overly rounded style of the Kia doesn't really make a person "fall in love" with a vehicle like the more angular lines on the Audi. Maybe the general driving feel behind the wheel translated to a better visceral response from the Audi over the Kia. If we're comparing appliances, sure, the Kia has capability in spades, and is comparable to an Audi. This isn't to say that you aren't getting value from the extra cash spent on the Audi, and we'll never be able to define those intangible things in a meaningful way, because they are different for everyone and can't be placed on a spec sheet.

For you, it was the physical appearance that made the S4 more appealing than the equally spec'd and less expensive Stinger GT. For me it what the physical appearance, available options, and towing capability of the Q7 that beat out the Telluride. To simply say that there is no value in the additional cost of an Audi over a Kia, because the spec sheets are so closely aligned, is a fallacy and does not take into account any number of subjective criteria that provide value at one level or another to a quite large customer base.

According to carsalesbase.com, Kia has sold just over 227k Tellurides in the 3 years it's been available. In the same 3 years Audi has sold only a shade over 85k Q7's. Clearly, you're not in minority on your decision making process, based on sales figures alone. You are however trying to ask an entire group of people that found value in those intangible aspects of vehicle ownership to justify their decisions, and arguing back quite strongly with only spec sheet details. In short, you're not wrong, but neither are we.
The following 3 users liked this post by 2kwik4u:
Dark Kauphee (02-10-2022), keg97 (02-10-2022), Turboale (02-10-2022)
Old 02-11-2022, 10:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Interesting discussion. Given my personal experience (issues with engine for a few months), I would definitely say that the Telluride is a better deal and has a better warranty. I could care less about "showing off", as I like to fly under the radar regarding my financials. Bottom line, both are equal and comparable cars.
Old 02-11-2022, 03:21 PM

Since I live at 5400' I much prefer vehicles with forced induction under the hood. One reason I would not consider the Telluride, but would consider the GV80.
Old 02-12-2022, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 138 Likes on 93 Posts

I think they nailed the design of the Telluride and it looks more expensive and luxurious than the price tag. For a true enthusiast like myself though, that’s used to Audi and Porsche, I notice every minute detail and the wheel spec would not work for me. The 21” wheels are only 8” wide ET50 and the tire spec is 255/45. This kills the look for me they’re too tucked in and skinny for a sporty SUV. Wider 22” custom wheels would resolve that however if they would fit. I don’t like the exhaust on only one side either it looks cheap imo.

My wife doesn’t care about any of this stuff though and she currently has a Highlander so would love to upgrade her to a Telly.
Old 02-12-2022, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 165 Likes on 93 Posts

Hey, you are in luck... Looks like they made an S version! ​​​​​

The following users liked this post:
jrjunior31 (02-12-2022)