Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

ACC Adaptive Cruise Control & Pre-Sense Error Clearing

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2023, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ACC Adaptive Cruise Control & Pre-Sense Error Clearing

While towing a travel trailer with my Q7, I got errors that my Adaptive Cruise Control and Audi Pre-sense were unavailable. I assumed the adjustable suspension was still lower than normal with the trailer tongue weight, causing the two front radar sensors to appear misaligned. After I finished towing, the error would not clear and I could not use my cruise control. I bought an ODBEleven PRO module was finally able to clear the error, but I had to gather bits of information from various forum posts to figure it out. There may be other variations to this procedure, but here is exactly how I did it. Of course, if your radar sensors are actually misaligned, the error will come back, and you will need adjust the sensors (other posts cover how to do that). I think this procedure will work on many different Audi models.Audi Q7 ACC Radar Sensor Misalignment Error Clearing

1) Insert ODBEleven Pro Module in ODBC port

2) Start engine outdoors

3) Open ODBEleven VAG App

4) Connect to Module (should be displayed)

5) Run scan (might not be necessary) and click to see Control Units and errors for each

6) Go to “Adaptive Cruise Control (8b)” control unit [Driver side Radar Sensor]
  • This control unit will be below “Adaptive Cruise Control (13)” in the list
  • Select “Security Access” and select the default number (mine was 20103)
  • Select “Service” and change service to “EOL End of Assembly Line Mode”, then “Change”. If this mode is already select, still click “Change”
  • Select “Adaptation”
    • Select “Misalignment Angle, horiz”. Even if angle is within tolerance (+/-0.8 degrees), complete the following steps
    • Click on edit (pencil)
    • Enter 0 > Done
    • “Slide to write” change. Should get “Adaptation Accepted” response
    • Select “Vertical Deadjustment”. Even if angle is within tolerance (+/-0.8 degrees), complete the following steps
    • Click on edit (pencil)
    • Enter 0 > Done
  • Click on “Faults”, then “Clear Faults”. You may need to do this more than once, but faults should clear
7) Go to “Adaptive Cruise Control (13)” control unit [Passenger side Radar Sensor]
  • This control unit will be above “Adaptive Cruise Control (8b)” in the list
  • Select “Security Access” and select default number (mine was 20103)
  • Select “Service” and change service to “EOL End of Assembly Line Mode”, then “Change”. If this mode is already select, still click “Change”
  • Select “Adaptation”
    • Select “Misalignment Angle, horiz”. Even if angle is within tolerance (+/-0.8 degrees), complete the following steps
    • Click on edit (pencil)
    • Enter 0 > Done
    • Select “Vertical Deadjustment”. Even if angle is within tolerance (+/-0.8 degrees), complete the following steps
    • Click on edit (pencil)
    • Enter 0 > Done
  • Click on “Faults”, then “Clear Faults”. You may need to do this more than once, but faults should clear
8) Turn off engine

9) Restart engine. Faults and fault indication on instrument cluster should have cleared

10) If radar sensors are actually out of the alignment tolerance, the ACC Unavailable and/or Pre-Sense Unavailable errors will reappear after some driving time and the “Misalignment Angle, horiz” and/or “Vertical Deadjustment” values will show the actual misalignment angle. Other forum posts explain how to make actual sensor adjustments