Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

ACC and Traffic Jam Assist

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2017, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Dasaint
You can have the car change the speed with the speed signs but not sure how that works with TJA engaged
You can set it in the MMI to automatically change the ACC set speed when it reads a new traffic sign speed. Only thing... it will only set the exact speed limit. There is no +/- option. If you like to drive a fixed amount over or under the limit, you have to reset it manually each time.

Also, of course, if it reads a speed limit sign incorrectly, or misses one, you'll have the wrong speed set.

Because of these annoyances, I found it not useful and turned that feature off.

One more thing... there is a tolerance setting in the MMI driver assist section. But it has nothing to do with speed limit. It allows the ACC to vary set speed based on conditions to save fuel. For example, lower speed going up a steep incline, etc. Easy to confuse this with the speed limit setting, which is totally separate.

Finally, there's an MMI setting which will allow the ACC to slow down for bends in the road. I find this one very useful as it seems to do a good job without usually slowing down too little or not enough.
Old 08-12-2017, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

About this whole 40mph thing... As you accelerate to above 40mph, the TJA automatically switches over to Active Lane Assist, assuming the camera can still see the lane lines sufficiently. ACC stays engaged and really acts independently. With this transition, the car continues to steer. In my view, the transition is really seamless and the only noticeable change is the symbology in the dash/HUD.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice.

I read someone say that the active lane assist was too aggressive and it was steering them even when they were in the center of the lane already. I have not found that so far.

I rarely feel it tug me back into a lane and I have so far always welcomed it.
Old 08-12-2017, 09:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Bozman5000
You can increase the set cruise control speed on the left lower stalk by 1's or 5's depending on how far you push it.

This car has a ton of features. It behooves you to spend the time to read the manual to make sure you're getting the most out of it.
this

i was reading the online manual before i got my car....so much features.
Old 08-13-2017, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RickObe
Finally, there's an MMI setting which will allow the ACC to slow down for bends in the road. I find this one very useful as it seems to do a good job without usually slowing down too little or not enough.
You do like this Rick? I tried it once, and it slowed me down in the corner so much, the people behind me were slamming on their brakes. I turned it off almost instantly.
Old 08-13-2017, 05:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by bkafrick
You do like this Rick? I tried it once, and it slowed me down in the corner so much, the people behind me were slamming on their brakes. I turned it off almost instantly.
Well, it may have slowed me down too much once or twice. But on the whole, I find it very useful.
Old 08-13-2017, 05:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bkafrick
Those abilities are great but i turned off all of them. I'd like to be able to have it automatically go the speed limit and slow down around curves by +8mph for me.
Old 08-14-2017, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I very much wish you could program an offset for the auto adjust ideally a percentage or a fixed amount, but if it could only do 1 that would be a big improvement.

Also they need to have it use GPS info to weed out bad signs (assuming it doesn't sense a construction zone), I was going 75 down I95 and it read a 35 mph sign from a rest area/weigh station, car started slowing down for no reason with me wondering what the hell happened for a couple seconds until I noticed the speed limit change.
Old 08-14-2017, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Bozman5000
Those abilities are great but i turned off all of them. I'd like to be able to have it automatically go the speed limit and slow down around curves by +8mph for me.
Most modern vehicles can pull between .75 and 1.0g's but most drivers have a problem using half of that capability. There is not a speed limit in the country that you need to slow down to to go around a bend.
Old 08-14-2017, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
It will resume on its own as long as the stop was for ~3 seconds or less. You will see the "ACC Automatic Go" message in the virtual cockpit when it will resume on its own.
Is there a setting using vag com to extend this duration? I have done it in my A6.

Quick Reply: ACC and Traffic Jam Assist