Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Air conditioning is underpowered.

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2019, 07:58 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by ang934
Laser headlights as offered in Europe are illegal in the US currently.
Fully aware of that - and that's why I mentioned them. Although they are illegal in the US, you can still get them elsewhere.

So why can't we get remote start in the US? Because it's illegal in Europe? Doesn't make much sense, right?

Last edited by AudiFanFL; 06-27-2019 at 06:47 AM.
The following users liked this post:
sickk23 (06-27-2019)
Old 06-26-2019, 08:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by AudiFanFL
Fully aware of that - and that's why I mentioned them. Althougg they are illegal in the US, you can still get them elsewhere.

So why can't we get remote start in the US? Because it's illegal in Europe? Doesn't make much sense, right?
It seems like remote start is a worms nest that Audi probably just didn't want to get in. So lets say your 3-year old gets your keys and start your car when its in the garage. Not good.

On my new Q7, I haven't figured out how just how to keep the motor running when I open the door and get my mail. I guess that is a "feature."
Old 06-27-2019, 01:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts

It seems like remote start is a worms nest that Audi probably just didn't want to get in. So lets say your 3-year old gets your keys and start your car when its in the garage. Not good.

On my new Q7, I haven't figured out how just how to keep the motor running when I open the door and get my mail. I guess that is a "feature."
That is just silly reasoning and logic about a 3 year old getting the keys. My Q stays running when I check my mail, are you sure it’s not start stop activating when you’re at the mailboxes lol
Old 06-27-2019, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

From the Audi Q7 owners manual, page 80, left side..

"If you leave the vehicle during the stop phase"... "If you leave the vehicle longer than 30 seconds, the ignition will switch off automatically to prevent the battery from draining. If this is the case, the message Start/Stop system: ignition will be switched off in 30s will appear in the instrument cluster..."

The "solution" is to deactivate the Start/Stop feature before leaving the car, and activate it again when you return. In AZ, if someone else is sitting in the car, turning it off is not smart as it is very hot. The better solution for the car would have been to just start the engine instead.

I'l probably just turn off the start/stop feature as my dealer says 99% of people do. On a car that gets 15mpg while driving, I can't imagine the gas used while idling is a very small part of this. Here in AZ, when the engine does stop, it usually starts up again in just a few seconds because the temp get high fast, and the AC has to kick on, this before the light even changes.
Old 06-27-2019, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

i find the ac and fan noise fine compared to all the other cars i've had...mostly lexus and honda. I do occasionally hear the noise from the rear pillar...haven't looked at it yet, but i think leaving the pillar vent open removes the noise...so guessing not sealing well when closed.
Old 06-27-2019, 04:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Thats a pitiful excuse. You can get remote start on almost every other manufacturer. Owning a vehicle has risks like anything else in life. I will be installing one on my q7
The following users liked this post:
sickk23 (06-27-2019)
Old 06-27-2019, 09:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Easily solvable by making sure 3 year old can't reach the key and this is coming from someone with a 2 year old. Even without remote start, if they have the keys they can open the trunk which would hit the garage door damaging the car. So I make sure to keep the keys somewhere not reachable at all times.

As for remote start though, my previous Murano had it and the way it works is that if you don't actually get in the car in ~10 minutes the car turns off so CO poisoning risk is fairly small, considering most garages have some kind of vent to outside already.