Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Apple CarPlay

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 05:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Google Maps has been light years better than apple maps or the built in nav as far as traffic and ETA. If Waze uses this info (since they are owned by google), it should be even better with police, construction, etc notifications.
Old 09-24-2018, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

With the latest Waze update just pushed out today, Waze is now active in CarPlay. That was quicker than expected. Get that app updated!
Old 09-24-2018, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and you beat me to the post!
Old 09-24-2018, 12:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 74 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffrey r
With the latest Waze update just pushed out today, Waze is now active in CarPlay. That was quicker than expected. Get that app updated!
Great news! Thank you
Old 09-25-2018, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I can also confirm that Google maps (my preferred method) runs flawlessly !!!
Old 09-25-2018, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I used Google Maps and Waze, both work great, little confusing when trying to use the phone while using waze on carplay but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Also I found that you can't put the factory nav on the dash screen while running waze, you just get a funky compass displaying instead of the map. I like Waze better than Google maps, it's easier now to view upcoming issues on the road and answer "Thanks" or "No longer there".
Old 09-25-2018, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eppieguy
I used Google Maps and Waze, both work great, little confusing when trying to use the phone while using waze on carplay but I'm sure I'll get used to it. Also I found that you can't put the factory nav on the dash screen while running waze, you just get a funky compass displaying instead of the map. I like Waze better than Google maps, it's easier now to view upcoming issues on the road and answer "Thanks" or "No longer there".
This is great -- thanks for the update. I'm definitely curious at how the interface works (or doesn't), but so long as you can see what's down the road....that's what matters most to me. Cheers.
Old 09-25-2018, 12:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Used Google Maps yesterday and Waze today. Much prefer Waze. Nice experience.
Old 09-25-2018, 12:33 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Eppieguy
Yeah - rather unfortunate we can't use Waze or Google Maps in the Virtual Cockpit... one thing at a time, I guess... although, I'm not expecting that to happen anytime soon (if ever).
Old 09-25-2018, 12:55 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 74 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by cheweric
Yeah - rather unfortunate we can't use Waze or Google Maps in the Virtual Cockpit... one thing at a time, I guess... although, I'm not expecting that to happen anytime soon (if ever).
I don't think it will ever happen as Audi will fight tooth and nail to keep it's AudiConnect $ flowing.

Quick Reply: Apple CarPlay