Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Audi pre sense

Old 06-13-2017, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Audi pre sense

It almost seems like the Audi pre sense on my car is no functional or highly erratic at best. Bought new 2 months ago, and have seen it come once or twice..but there have been many situations where it definitely should have come on and it didn't. Even with early detection setting.

any idea on from how far the system first warns when approaching a vehicle slowing?

thanks
Old 06-13-2017, 10:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I set mine to early warning and it does seem to give me the tone and red triangle much earlier.
Old 06-14-2017, 05:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

I too have never seen a red triangle!! Only thing I see are the two cars in red flashing, when I get too close (hardly) to the car ahead of me. I've even waited to stop at the last moment hoping Presense would do something, but it hasn't. Is my Presense broken?!?!?

However, the other day I was pulling back out of a space and the Q7 alerted me of cross traffic behind me, but it did not stop me, perhaps because the car going across the back was some distance away.
Old 06-14-2017, 05:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by srbsq7
I set mine to early warning and it does seem to give me the tone and red triangle much earlier.
Please tell me under which circumstances this comes on for you. I have never seen a triangle, only the set of flashing red cars
Old 06-14-2017, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BigKutta
Please tell me under which circumstances this comes on for you. I have never seen a triangle, only the set of flashing red cars
Red triangle is displayed as popup in virtual cockpit and also on HUD.
It tends to come up when your car is over a certain speed (it will never come up on slow speeds), and when distance between you and person or car in front of you shrinks rapidly.
I got pre sence warning almost every time I go on particular one way street with cars parked along left side. This narrow street has at one point sharp 60 degree turn to the right, and Q7 "thinks" that I will go straight into the car that is parked in that turn. And something like 10-15 meters before that turn I got pre sense warning.
Today I got two warnings, one against car sharply breaking in front of me, distance was not big, less than 10m, and one against a man crossing the street in front of my car, also distance wasn't so big compared to my speed.
I think when warning comes up depends on speed and distance between car and obstacle. But in general, perfect system. Saved me already couple of times...
Old 06-14-2017, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had the warning go off when I'm going at a decent clip and someone is slow to make a right turn. If I know I'll miss the car, i won't slow down but that's triggered the warning. I since changed the warning to late.

I've had it stop once when I was backing out once at a resort where a lot of people were riding about in golf carts. There was nobody to be seen when I got in the car. I had big suvs on both sides so I couldn't see well. A golf cart came out of nowhere and didn't look to see my reverse lights or the fact the car was slowing moving backwards. Maybe alcohol was an issue. In any case, I'm glad it intervened.
Old 06-14-2017, 06:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Is there anyone else who has never seen a Triangle?!?! All I get is two flashing red cars symbol if I'm going too fast compared to the car in front of me.
Old 06-14-2017, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've gotten it a few times, never had it try to stop me but it came up and starting dinging at me. The last time I saw it was when a vehicle in front of me was turning on to a street and I was coming up on his at a much faster speed knowing he would have had made the turn before I got to him. I guess if he would have stopped for some reason I would have hit him but that didn't happen but pre sense thought it could have.
Old 06-14-2017, 07:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I have the seen the "Audi Pre-Sense" red triangle on couple of occasions, although not sure if it reflects my driving style positively!

Its set to early and so whenever, the car in front of me slows down and my vehicle is cruising along, it does alert me. On one occasion, it even applied the brakes although I was planning to steer off in the left lane when the car in front suddenly paused to make a right turn.
Old 06-14-2017, 07:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

How frequently do you all see the two red cars flashing? I see that all the time when moving in flowing traffic, which indicates to me that I may be following too close. It's annoying. Like I said I've never seen the triangle

I'm guessing since you guys see the triangle, that you also see the flashing cars often?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Audi pre sense