Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Traffic Info and Mobile Phone Connection Issues

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 11:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traffic Info and Mobile Phone Connection Issues

I am new to Audi and just bought a new Q7 for my growing family, after coming from several BMWs. I encountered two "issues" below that I hope someone can help me with. I've searched but found no related threads.

1. Traffic Info: My Audi Connect is fully setup correctly. However for some reason, the traffic info would only be active for a few minutes after starting the car, and then drop out altogether for the remainder of the ride. It would not reconnect until I turn the car off and restart later, and then the same drop out happens again after a few minutes.
2. Two Mobile Phone Connection: I have my wife's phone set as the primary phone and mine set as secondary. When we are both in my car, both phones are connected automatically, with the directory and call history of her phone being displayed (since her phone is the primary). However, if her phone leaves the car, my phone does NOT automatically become connected (this is shown as the "slash" across the phone symbol in the virtual cockpit). I have to manually connect my phone in order to display its directory and call history. This is somewhat annoying because my wife and I carpool and I usually drop her off first, and then have to drive another 15 miles to my office.

Has anyone experienced the two situations above and may have answers or solutions to them? Thanks.
Old 09-09-2018, 11:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump. Has anyone experienced the above?
Old 09-10-2018, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

Nope works fine in mine, this looks like a glitch. Take it to the dealer, it's either communication issue or something else is screwed up. One thought, reset your Audi Connect registration in MMI. Initial config in mine wasn't working and had to be reset, but that was during the initial release of 2018MY when Audi had all sorts of Audi Connect problems (not that they have resolved all of them).