Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Bad dealer experience

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2017, 05:04 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Post the name of the Manager and the Salesperson.
Old 05-13-2017, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

had a similar experience at the same buffalo dealer. can PM if you want more details but thats why i ordered from SYMAWD. Theyre the only dealer in Buffalo, and rochester dealer wasnt moving on price much either. Made the trip to jersey worth it. I leased my q5 from the buffalo dealer and was told something similar by my sales person along the lines of "its only $1000" and I would say $1000 over my budget for a q5 which he then told me maybe i should look at a volkswagen tiguan... It was very disrespectful but I mad the deal on the lease knowing I likely would never buy from them again.

Last edited by trackvaulter01; 05-13-2017 at 07:47 AM.
Old 05-13-2017, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Kind of a bummer. From a fellow Upstate New York guy, I had great service from the sales folks at Audi of Syracuse.
Old 05-13-2017, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts
Default EGGZACTLY....

Originally Posted by AUDI1880
If I were treated that way (told get lost, keys tossed on floor) I would seek out the owner of the dealership, inform them of what happened and that it cost them a solid sale. Sometimes a good dealership can have a bad apple or two on staff. When management gets repeated complaints about certain individuals then then are likely to take action by tossing out the bad employee.
I thank god every time that I realize I DO NOT live in New York!
Old 05-13-2017, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Remember that when you enter an Audi dealership and there is a pile of keys tossed on the floor at the entrance then it's time to return to your car��
Old 05-13-2017, 03:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess my experiences haven't been *that* bad. Nonetheless, our A4 was our first Audi and we nearly walked away from a car we had ordered.

Since we couldn't get what we wanted on the lot or from a dealer trade, we placed an order back in mid-November of last year. We were told it would take four months but usually three was expected. I waited a couple of months and inquired about status since we had been given none. Thus began weeks and months of half answers, incorrect answers or simply no responds to texts for days at a time.

The bad experience extended to the trade-in when the dealer offered us half of what we ultimately got for it private party -- an insult to see if we'd bite I'm sure.

Even the day before the car arrived (4.5 months) they sent us the wrong window sticker. That was resolved and we picked it up the next day. In both my state and the state in which the car was purchased, there are no front license plates. Of course the car arrived with the front license plate holder. I said I wanted the flush plates installed and was told that I should have ordered it that way. Then the manager suggested the switch was probably only possible at the factory. Thankfully, a resourceful tech got the necessary plate from another car on the lot and we were out of there.

After I got home, I found out they had failed to set me up as a key user -- never even mentioning the plastic tag with the secret code. So after hunting through the net, I was able to figure that out. Still, key features are not working because the dealer set up my account with the wrong e-mail so that's ongoing.

Recently I find out that I was supposed to be enrolled in some kind of owner notification system for orders. Terrific.

I expected so much more from a luxury brand, but that was silly of me. I've since purchased a second Audi in spite of my dealer experience. I worked with three other dealerships and was never really impressed with any of them. I miss my MINI Cooper sales guy.
Old 05-13-2017, 03:52 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 283 Likes on 203 Posts

Damn, made me mad when I read OP story. Wife and I have purchased about 30 new vehicles since 1987, and never had an experience anywhere close to that!

Every Audi in my signature was purchased at invoice, same dealer, no arm twisting. I have been told I can buy a new Q7 at invoice too. Might order a 2.0 for my wife to replace her 2014 Kia Sorento SX.
Old 05-13-2017, 04:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

The above is terrible. I felt my dealer experience was disappointing as well, and I don't think I'm that hard to please. Nothing like the above but still irritating for a more than $80k purchase.

Basically the paper work should have been prepped and ready when I showed up for delivery (instead it took hours to get everything printed up). My name was spelled incorrectly on the paperwork (common easy to spell name) and everything had to be reprinted. I should have been set up as the key user during delivery. I shouldn't have gotten a text message days after the sale about two more documents they forgot to have me sign.

When we bought our previous Subarus as well as a variety of motorcycles the sales people were way more helpful and delivery went much more smoothly. You would think with almost 4 months to get ready after my order, and another three between the car showing up and my delivery date this stuff could have been sorted out...
Old 05-13-2017, 04:14 PM
VxF
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by iconoclast
Post the name of the Manager and the Salesperson.
I am not sure if this is against forum's guidelines - I guess a mod can edit, if need be.

The salesperson's name was Steve. I don't recall his last name, but I am sure it would be easy to find. There is only one Audi dealer in Buffalo-Schmitt's. I don't recall the name of the manager.

The salesperson in Rochester was Lidia. Her manager, the one that never called back, was Rich.
Old 05-13-2017, 04:19 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 283 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by VxF
I am not sure if this is against forum's guidelines - I guess a mod can edit, if need be.

The salesperson's name was Steve. I don't recall his last name, but I am sure it would be easy to find. There is only one Audi dealer in Buffalo-Schmitt's. I don't recall the name of the manager.

The salesperson in Rochester was Lidia. Her manager, the one that never called back, was Rich.
Schmitt's Audi | New Audi dealership in Bowmansville, NY 14026

Audi Rochester | New Audi dealership in Rochester, NY 14623

Quick Reply: Bad dealer experience