Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Bad dealer experience

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2017, 08:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by VxF
I know I have seen at least another online review by someone that claimed he was tossed out. I have a colleague at work that tells me she goes to Rochester for oil changes because she can't stand the local dealer (it was her advice that pushed me to Rochester).

If I were to guess-and it is just a wild guess-I just don't look the part. I am 39, but I look younger. I am a college professor and I dress casually. I guess my profession plays against me, as most college professors don't earn "much." So I suspect there might have been genuine concern on his part as to whether I could afford the car. The fact that I drove in with a Ford probably didn't help dispel his concerns.

I am not trying to justify his behavior. But that's the only semi-rational explanation I could come up with.
How you dress shouldn't matter. I am a CFO of a real estate investment company and typically dress in (nice) jeans. I paid cash for my Q7. Don't judge a book by its cover.
Old 05-14-2017, 03:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by mi_sat
How you dress shouldn't matter. I am a CFO of a real estate investment company and typically dress in (nice) jeans. I paid cash for my Q7. Don't judge a book by its cover.
Most truly wealthy people dont look the part, mostly. There is a reason they got there...
Old 05-17-2017, 03:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too had terrible customer service from three Audi dealerships in Maryland, Silver Springs, Frederick and Rockville. The sales guys in the first two dealerships did not even bother to show up for appointments that I made with them. The guy at the third dealership was working with another customer when I went in for our appointment time and basically did not spend more than 5 min with me during the 90 min that I waited for him in the dealership. He promised to call back but never did. I get the feeling that Audi's in general, and Q7's in particular, must be selling themselves and that is why the local guys have no interest in customer service.

I talked to SYMAWD over the phone and he was so refreshingly different than my local guys that I decided to drive 2.5 hours to Cherry Hill, NJ and ordered a Q7 from him. He is fantastic. If you are anywhere within driving distance of NJ, give him a call and talk to him. You will not be disappointed.

CarSwami
Old 05-17-2017, 03:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Make or model, they're still car salesmen.
Old 05-17-2017, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by CarSwami
I too had terrible customer service from three Audi dealerships in Maryland, Silver Springs, Frederick and Rockville. The sales guys in the first two dealerships did not even bother to show up for appointments that I made with them. The guy at the third dealership was working with another customer when I went in for our appointment time and basically did not spend more than 5 min with me during the 90 min that I waited for him in the dealership. He promised to call back but never did. I get the feeling that Audi's in general, and Q7's in particular, must be selling themselves and that is why the local guys have no interest in customer service.

CarSwami
I think all Audi's are selling themselves! I was at Rockville Audi a few times over a few weekends, and I thought they were giving away free food steak dinners or something. The place was swamped, and forget about getting anyone's attention. Life must be good there.
Old 05-17-2017, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Leave a bad review in DealerRater and Google. People do check these reviews and the dealers are sensitive to bad reviews. Bad behavior should not be ignored and leaving a bad review is your best revenge.
Old 05-17-2017, 07:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CarSwami

I talked to SYMAWD over the phone and he was so refreshingly different than my local guys that I decided to drive 2.5 hours to Cherry Hill, NJ and ordered a Q7 from him. He is fantastic. If you are anywhere within driving distance of NJ, give him a call and talk to him. You will not be disappointed.

CarSwami
That shows that certain salesmen are the problem not necessarily the dealership. I have bought many, many cars in my lifetime and two of the best salespeople I have ever dealt with were at Rockville and Frederick Audi. If anyone ever wants a reference in the DC/MD/VA area I'd be glad to point you to very good salespeople.
Old 05-17-2017, 11:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

You made a large purchasing decision based on the the sales person's attitude? That sounds pretty stupid to me. That's like choosing one condo vs another because you didn't like the homeless person that happened to be sitting out by the condo the day that you checked it out. I hope you don't regret your purchasing decision.
Old 05-17-2017, 11:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by sammy5001
You made a large purchasing decision based on the the sales person's attitude? That sounds pretty stupid to me. That's like choosing one condo vs another because you didn't like the homeless person that happened to be sitting out by the condo the day that you checked it out. I hope you don't regret your purchasing decision.
Depends on the attitude i.e. "we don't discount these cars, sniff......." You pull that **** on me and out the door I go.
Old 05-17-2017, 11:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by sammy5001
I would rather put it this way. That's like choosing one condo vs another because the realtor was snobbish. It does factor in ones purchase decision but I would not let a bad dealer come in between me and the car of my choice.

Quick Reply: Bad dealer experience