Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

battle scars for the Q7 today..

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2017, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I’ll bet there’s a lot more damage then meets the eye. My body shop days talking, good luck.
Old 12-30-2017, 04:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Hi,
Any update on cost of repair and the exact damage? Thanks
Old 12-30-2017, 08:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mrp0rky
so to update all of you.. i did speak to my insurance and we got an adjuster to take inspect the damages today dec 23 at 10AM EST.. so i'll keep you guys updated.. we have been declared not at fault for this accident soooo thank god!!.. also the other party's insurance company (progressive) just called and they're still pending further investigation.. so hopefully the car can be in the body shop by next week.. also i have been looking for audi certified body shop.. so if anyone of you have a recommended body shop around Philadelphia area please let me know..
I am so sorry to hear about your BRAND NEW CAR! I know how excited you were to get it and the torturous wait. At least you're ok and the car can be fixed. Better the back than the front where all the electronics are...I hit a deer with my '10 TDI a few years ago and it ended up costing $20k and over 2 months in the shop waiting for parts, etc. Make sure you have everything tested...the electronics are sensitive and could be affected by the impact...also, check the frame to make sure nothing was bent or twisted. And make sure that the adjuster and the body shop identify and order the correct parts--mine took longer because they screwed that up. Glad you're ok...
Old 12-30-2017, 11:34 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Eppieguy
I’ll bet there’s a lot more damage then meets the eye. My body shop days talking, good luck.
Is this one of those tests where you have to rearrange those two sentences into a well known phrase or saying?
Old 12-31-2017, 04:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ok so here's a couple updates for you guys.. so i'm going to drop off my car at finish line collision right around PHL airport this wednesday jan 3rd.. geico quoted at around $994 to "repair".. but i want the parts replaced, luckily this shop only wants to replaced because the car is so new.. so the quote from the body shop to replace the whole rear bumper is $3000.. also the body shop is an authorized audi repair facility..
Old 12-31-2017, 05:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Katskill
I am so sorry to hear about your BRAND NEW CAR! I know how excited you were to get it and the torturous wait. At least you're ok and the car can be fixed. Better the back than the front where all the electronics are...I hit a deer with my '10 TDI a few years ago and it ended up costing $20k and over 2 months in the shop waiting for parts, etc. Make sure you have everything tested...the electronics are sensitive and could be affected by the impact...also, check the frame to make sure nothing was bent or twisted. And make sure that the adjuster and the body shop identify and order the correct parts--mine took longer because they screwed that up. Glad you're ok...
yea it sucks.. but thank god that nothing more than that happen.. funny how when it happen i wasn't even really mad.. usually i would be pissed.. but hey as long as is all repairable (replace), i'm fine.. this is an extra reason to trade up after 4 years.. hahahhaa....
Old 12-31-2017, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Member

Because you were rear ended and not at fault may I suggest you make the claim directly against the other driver? Call his insurance company and give them the heads up you are going with original manufacture parts and you got an estimate from an Audi approved repair facility. Heck the body shop could probably guide you. Make sure it is their recommendation to replace and not repair. Don't think for a minute that all the insurance companies aren't "holding hands" and keeping repair cost down as a favor to each other...My opinion. Can be done in Mass.

Good luck
Old 12-31-2017, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by GBMILTON
Because you were rear ended and not at fault may I suggest you make the claim directly against the other driver? Call his insurance company and give them the heads up you are going with original manufacture parts and you got an estimate from an Audi approved repair facility. Heck the body shop could probably guide you. Make sure it is their recommendation to replace and not repair. Don't think for a minute that all the insurance companies aren't "holding hands" and keeping repair cost down as a favor to each other...My opinion. Can be done in Mass.

Good luck
sorry for the misunderstanding.. soo all of the cost would be coming out from the other party's insurance.. but i just can't stand looking at my car in this current state.. so my option was to bring it into the body shop ASAP and get it fixed, and after the accident claim investigation is complete they would just reimburse me my deductible money back..
Old 01-01-2018, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Great!
When you drop it off take a flight to Florida or anywhere warmer . Its 1 degree here with a wind chill of -14...yes minus 14.
Old 01-02-2018, 12:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

here's the detailed sheet from the body shop
Attached Thumbnails battle scars for the Q7 today..-20180101_211038.jpg  

Quick Reply: battle scars for the Q7 today..