Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

battle scars for the Q7 today..

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 02:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Luckily no internal damage, just cosmetic stuff being replaced. Should be good as new!

Oh, and Go Eagles!
Old 01-03-2018, 04:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BigKutta
Luckily no internal damage, just cosmetic stuff being replaced. Should be good as new!

Oh, and Go Eagles!
haha.. yea.. but just in case after they take off the bumper they will check all of the internal structures to see if there's anymore damage that is not visible at first.. good thing is that in my case all of the parts will be replaced.. don't even start with the eagles, just watching them for the past 2 weeks makes me want to throw the remote to the TV..
Old 01-03-2018, 04:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks for the updates. Go luck, Happy New Year and ...Go Pats
Old 01-03-2018, 06:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by mrp0rky
don't even start with the eagles, just watching them for the past 2 weeks makes me want to throw the remote to the TV..
Its all good man. This is a better season than we ever expected...**** happens. Lifelong Eagles fan here...
Old 01-03-2018, 12:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ouch.. it hurts though. mine had something similar though much less expensive. no matter how small the scrape, its annoying the least. mind keeps spinning the word F888!!!! for a few days.
presense is pretty strong in this ! its other cars which worry me the most.
Old 12-10-2018, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bose subwoofer

Originally Posted by mrp0rky
haha.. yea.. but just in case after they take off the bumper they will check all of the internal structures to see if there's anymore damage that is not visible at first.. good thing is that in my case all of the parts will be replaced.. don't even start with the eagles, just watching them for the past 2 weeks makes me want to throw the remote to the TV..

Glad everything worked out for you with your accident man. I experienced the same accident last week..same car as you. I was rear ended around 25-30 mph, while I was waiting for a traffic light to turn green. I have this bumper guard/step that protected my rear from more cosmetic damage. The reason I'm reaching out is my BOSE 3D surround sound system (amp and subwoofer spefically) is not working. The subwoofer that is located right there at the rear bumper is producing no sound now. Just wondering if you have the upgraded soundsystem and if you had any issues with that in your accident.

Also, was there anything new that has popped up that could be related to the accident? I'm worried something not visible to the naked eye will present itself down the road.

Really appreciate any feedback on this!
Old 12-10-2018, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

It looks like even though the step saved you from cosmetic damage, it sure directed all the impact energy to the tow hitch and pushed in the back of the Q. That inturn seems to have moved something inside and impacted the Bose?
Old 12-10-2018, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by EWQ7
Glad everything worked out for you with your accident man. I experienced the same accident last week..same car as you. I was rear ended around 25-30 mph, while I was waiting for a traffic light to turn green. I have this bumper guard/step that protected my rear from more cosmetic damage. The reason I'm reaching out is my BOSE 3D surround sound system (amp and subwoofer spefically) is not working. The subwoofer that is located right there at the rear bumper is producing no sound now. Just wondering if you have the upgraded soundsystem and if you had any issues with that in your accident.

Also, was there anything new that has popped up that could be related to the accident? I'm worried something not visible to the naked eye will present itself down the road.

Really appreciate any feedback on this!

so in my case, the accident did not impact anything.. nothing wrong with my bose 3d surround sound system, even the subwoofer.. and the auto body that i chose is a certified audi body shop, so they know exactly everything that needed to be replaced and the even double check all the electronic parts that is in the back to make sure it all works and function properly before i took delivery of the car when it was finish.. but when the accident happen i was still driving my Q for 2 weeks until i dropped it off, in that 2 weeks i experience nothing wrong with the Q all.. all the parking sensors was still working too.. now is almost 1 year since the accident, not a single fault has shown up from the electronics in the back.. i’ve had 2 airbag malfunction errors and the last one i had was all my cameras in the car not showing up when the parking aid comes on, but after i turn off the car for 1hour it all works again..
Old 12-10-2018, 04:48 PM
AudiWorld Member

My advice is to you.. find a good reputable and certified auto body shop, and just tell them what is wrong with the sub, everything will be replaced.. anyway your not at fault, the other party’s insurance should cover for the damages.. if you want my body shop that i use let me know, but it is 3 hrs away from you.. their work is top notch, i made sure they replaced all the parts that was damaged. I didn’t want anything fixed. So i told them to send me all the receipts of the new parts when they purchased it from audi of west chester.. lol.. after my Q’s accident i also brought in 2 other cars that my friend owned (1 mercedes GL450, 1 honda civic) and when both came out the body shop my friends has nothing but praises for these guys.. the cars has since drive like the way it was before the accident..
Old 12-13-2018, 08:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was involved in a similar accident earlier this year. Got hit by a Honda Civic that was pushed into me by a Toyota Camry that was not paying attention on the highway. My left exhaust pipe took most of the impact along with the bumper cover. Similar visual damage ended up being over $10k with the new exhaust, bumper, and paint work. Also, make sure that you go after the at-fault insurance company for diminished value. While it was a pain dealing with them in my case, they did end up cutting a check for $4,500 in the end for the diminished value on my '17 Q7...

Quick Reply: battle scars for the Q7 today..