Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Best dog seat cover?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2022, 04:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Best dog seat cover?

What is everyone's go to for a dog seat cover for the rear seats?

Ideally, I would love to take advantage of the ability to fold the center rear seat down giving access to the back cargo area on longer trips with our 3 dogs, so something that is flexible like that would be awesome, however I'm skeptical that exists currently.
Old 03-11-2022, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I use an IBuddy dog seat cover. very durable for my 55 lg golden. The brown color matches my Audi interior nicely, although not perfect. It does not have access to the rear as you want. However, there are several others listed online that have a "zipper mesh" for between the front seats. Maybe if you attach it backwards so the zipper mesh faces the rear middle opening there may be rear cargo area access. Just a thought.
Old 03-11-2022, 11:30 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been looking for something and just purchased the Audi rear seat protector which arrived today. It's lightweight, nylon, and seems pretty nice. The sides zip up so it protects the doors, too. https://parts.audiusa.com/p/Audi__Q7...X0061680A.html

Then, I was at Costco today and saw that they have something that is nearly identical in function for $20. This is the same one a friend of mine has had for well over a year and has been durable.

My bulldog likes spreading out so I sometimes fold down both the second and third rows, so have also been looking for something to cover the entire cargo space behind the front row and have not been successful with that yet.

UPDATE: After using the Audi rear seat protector, I have determined that the Costco one actually does a better job of keeping my dog ventilated. The Audi one has a zipper at the front that you can unzip to give the dog access to the console area. This is helpful because of course the climate control and vents back there are blocked without this zipper unzipped, so the dog isn't getting any air otherwise. But when you unzip it, then the dog's hair gets all over. The Costco one does not have a zipper but has a mesh panel in the same area to allow for the dog to have access to the AC vents. Yet the dog's hair still gets all over because of that. Still not a perfect solution.

Last edited by sinfonia; 04-02-2022 at 04:03 AM.