Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Cargo Mat and Trunk Cover

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2017, 02:11 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the weather techs for my new Q and love it. Got the front liners and rear storage/cargo that covers the 3rd row. They fit perfect and protect the entire area. Might cost more but sometimes the best does.
Old 12-30-2017, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by A42B
I'm considering buying this one as well. I dont need anything heavy duty, just something to protect the rear carpet area from day to day use, and maybe a spill or 2. Have you been happy with it?
Been very happy with it. Perfect fit and like the honeycomb design that will contain any liquid spills.
Old 12-30-2017, 09:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Katskill
I've been looking on Amazon for pet seat covers for my cat who would like nothing better than to put his claws into the seats of my new Prestige and I found there are pet covers for even the back of the car behind the 2nd row that will completely fold up. They are padded, waterproof and washable. They attach to the back headrests and can be anchored in so they don't move. They might be a good substitute for the cargo mat.
What? You're planning to have a cat on the loose inside your new Prestige? Not only could he wreck the interior but he could enter the driver's area and cause an accident. Not to mention the fact that he wouldn't be properly restrained in case of a crash.
Old 12-31-2017, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by cosmokitty
What? You're planning to have a cat on the loose inside your new Prestige? Not only could he wreck the interior but he could enter the driver's area and cause an accident. Not to mention the fact that he wouldn't be properly restrained in case of a crash.
cosmokitty,
you of all people should know how trainable cats are! 😼 Mine stays in his bag (which is secured) when we're on the road...the covers are an additional layer of protection against hair, claws and anything else...I'm not taking any chances...
Old 01-04-2018, 11:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

My cat once broke out of his cat carrier and decided that using his ~16 lb. body to balance on my arm on the steering wheel on the way into my crotch seemed like a good idea.

Miracle we did not wreck.
Old 01-04-2018, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Brimstone
My cat once broke out of his cat carrier and decided that using his ~16 lb. body to balance on my arm on the steering wheel on the way into my crotch seemed like a good idea.

Miracle we did not wreck.
Cat and crotch ... classic
Old 01-04-2018, 12:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We just installed the all weather mats that came with the Cold Weather Package on ours. They seem nice enough and I hope they last a few years. They are only for the front and rear floors, so we will need something for the cargo. The WeatherTech sounds like a good one and we live just down the street from their factory/warehouse so I imagine we can just go pick them up and save on shipping.
Old 01-04-2018, 01:23 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by smacky
We just installed the all weather mats that came with the Cold Weather Package on ours. They seem nice enough and I hope they last a few years. They are only for the front and rear floors, so we will need something for the cargo. The WeatherTech sounds like a good one and we live just down the street from their factory/warehouse so I imagine we can just go pick them up and save on shipping.
Good choice. I had the Audi cargo mat and threw it in the garbage.
Old 01-04-2018, 02:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have WeatherTech in my TDI and S6 for the last 6 years and zero regrets. Perfect fit and easy to clean. Keeps the snow, slush and dirt contained within the liner. Planning to get the same for my MY18 Q7.
Old 01-04-2018, 09:55 PM
Audi Q7 Prestige'18 Owner

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Another option: 3D Maxpider mats

I have not purchased these for the Q7 yet, but I DID purchase the version for the Q5 from this company, and I was very pleased with the fit... used (and abused) them for 3 years. I liked how I could still get into the spare tire area on the Q5.
According to the Q&A on Amazon, this DOES work with the seats folded down OR in the up position as long as you apply Velcro to hold it in place. It has a built in fold. Check it out. This is probably what I will be getting in a few weeks.
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B06XF24C...TFR8Q29R&psc=0

Quick Reply: Cargo Mat and Trunk Cover