Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Considering a Q7, have questions on Lane Assist, B&O and more...

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2018, 05:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't like the title Audiophile but I have been into high end home and mobile audio for years. I always opt for the best sound system offered at purchase. I just bought a 2018 Q7 for my wife and the only vehicle available in her color preference had the B&O system. It's the best OEM system I have heard. Pricey but actually better than the same system in the A8.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

The B&O is my favorite feature on the Q7. 99% of the time, it's just me in the car so there is not much conversation going on (unless I'm yelling at other drivers - LOL). I really appreciate the clear and detailed sound this system is able to squeeze out of my Alexa dot.
Old 09-12-2018, 06:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Force-1
LOL!
Old 09-13-2018, 04:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

With regard to the B&O system I would say that if you are fairly critical in your listening (which I gather you are based on your comment re the Meridian system) the B&O in the Q7 is very much worth the money. When I was looking at cars I listened to all the sound systems in this class (including the Volvo systems and the various Audi systems) and came away with the belief that the Q7 B&O was in a class by itself. While it isn't cheap, the sound is at another level compared to the others - especially since the Audi is a relatively quiet car and certainly quieter than the Volvo given its 4 cylinder engine. Having now had the car for over 6 months I am truly glad I made the decision to put out the money for the B&O. I play it relatively flat with a low amount of 3D and surround sound which makes the overall output really good for a car system. Not a day goes by where I don't thoroughly enjoy it.

As to the Prestige, I like it but I could have passed on it if I didn't need it to get the massage seats. The massage seats, at least for me, are the other "must have" in the Q7 - especially on drives of an hour or more.

Hoping this helps!
Old 09-13-2018, 06:42 AM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I had two XC90s (2016 and 2018) both with bowers. The standard system on the prestige is fine to me and I don't miss the B&W.
Old 09-13-2018, 06:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Will either the upgraded Bose on the Prestige or the B&O system play DVD-Audio disks?
Old 09-14-2018, 04:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by JBaumgart
Will either the upgraded Bose on the Prestige or the B&O system play DVD-Audio disks?
Check this out: Supported Audio Formats
The following users liked this post:
gestalt77 (10-14-2020)
Old 09-14-2018, 04:25 AM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 283 Likes on 203 Posts

Originally Posted by JBaumgart
https://www.audiworld.com/forums/q7-...ystem-2937911/
The following users liked this post:
gestalt77 (10-14-2020)
Old 09-14-2018, 08:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I went to drive a Q7 Prestige with no air suspension and no B&O system yesterday. Surprisingly, there isn't a single one on the lot with either. They must either sell really well and have ran out or don't sell enough to bring them in.

Did about 8 miles round trip.

The stock system sounds average, punchy but no clarity IMO. Put a subwoofer in any system and you can get the punchiness and slightly improve the overall sound and I think this is the case here. I hope the B&O will sound miles better.

The ride is quite ok with coil suspensions. Steering is precised, and the 3.0T seems to pull the vehicle when needed. Dynamic disappoint a little, there isn't much distinction between comfort and dynamic. The sales guy thinks that I didn't have enough time with it to actually feel it. It's not a good or bad thing, I think it might be that the transmission is performing smoothly, hence, the shifting and gear holds isn't felt as much.

#1 turn off is no remote start and at the same time, the audi connect is $20 with no option to have the system connect to an external Wifi such as Hotspot on your phone. This would render Google Earth useless. Someone at AT&T is sleeping with someone at Audi here.

#2 Lack of storage in the front, small glove box and tiny armrest storage.

#3 3rd row seat exit/entry is cumbersome and noty very comfortable.

#4 small trunk size for its class.

I don't mean to offend anyone here, consider this as my "Note to self"

I was told the only trim with the ambient light is the prestige, is this correct? I couldn't find much info on this.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:38 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

One more thing I want to add, When using Lane Keep Assist the vehicle felt like a ping pong ball. Just back and forth and not really keepig it in a straight line. A huge gimmick IMO.

Quick Reply: Considering a Q7, have questions on Lane Assist, B&O and more...