Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Couple of Noise questions/issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 11:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Couple of Noise questions/issues

I picked up a prestige with air suspension in Ingolstadt on May 9th and I'm currently outside Pisa Italy doing the european delivery thing.

Loving the Q7 so far but 2 sound related issues are bothering me. Full disclosure I'm in my lower 30's and my hearing is very good so I pick up on these things when others tend to not hear anything.

1. There is a ticking sound coming from the interior which is audible at low speed driving. Probably 2 ticks per second. I can't quite locate it it may be center console area.

2. The Climate control is extremely loud. Setting to recirculate improves it a bit but that seems to reset every time the car starts and stops. At 70 mph the with the AC off the car is almost silent. If I turn on the AC it sounds like a window is open.

Making a list for my dealer to address before US delivery.

Anyone else notice the ticking? Anyone else have very loud AC? I'm almost thinking some ducting is not hooked up behind the dash.
Old 05-14-2016, 03:03 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also hear the ticking from center console area. It's intermittent and I mostly notice it after startup. Was thinking it may be coming from touchpad -- perhaps the haptic feedback mechanism.

I also hear the AC but don't find it bothersome. In any case, I don't expect there's much that could be done about that.
Old 05-14-2016, 03:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Ditto on the ticking....have no idea what it is.
Old 05-14-2016, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Count Rushmore
1. There is a ticking sound coming from the interior which is audible at low speed driving. Probably 2 ticks per second. I can't quite locate it it may be center console area.
Same as mine. Asked the technician during yesterday's service, he said the sound happens when electronics are calibrating/syncing. It may be true but I cannot fully trust his words (he seemed to be clueless about my sunroof issue).

When the engine is turned off, and I use smart phone app to lock/unlock the car, I can hear the same ticking sound.

Originally Posted by Count Rushmore
2. The Climate control is extremely loud. Setting to recirculate improves it a bit but that seems to reset every time the car starts and stops. At 70 mph the with the AC off the car is almost silent. If I turn on the AC it sounds like a window is open.
For my Q7, the loud fan comes from the B-pillar vents for the 2nd row. If I close the vents on the B-pillars, the fan noise is decreased. I guess my ear is close to the B-pillar so it is more sensitive.
Old 05-18-2016, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have noticed the ticking you mention. Do you happen to have a CD/DVD loaded in the drive? My ticking noise goes away if I remove the disc.
Old 05-18-2016, 05:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Darque_o
I have noticed the ticking you mention. Do you happen to have a CD/DVD loaded in the drive? My ticking noise goes away if I remove the disc.
I don't know about OP, but my CD drive is empty all the time.