Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Deer Hit

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2017, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Eppieguy
Maybe lives in a state that doesn't require a front plate or like many just ignore the front plate law and take your chances.
Oh okay. I was curious as to whether it was legally possible.
Old 01-02-2017, 04:01 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
Oh okay. I was curious as to whether it was legally possible.
I live in Pennsylvania, USA. No front license plate is required.

I originally purchased the car in the state of New York so it came with a front license plate holder. Unfortunately when I picked up the car they didn't have the front license plate delete kit available (*the extra 2 chrome strips that go across the front). So to fill the front I put a euro plate on

For Christmas a family member gave me those deer noise maker things as a joke (you mount on them on your vehicle and at 30+ mph they are supposed to create a sound that deer can hear and do not like). Unfortunately I don't believe they work.. if they did then every insurance company would make you have them on your vehicle out here.

Living in the state of PA I have a 1 in 68 chance of hitting a deer. Lucky me right.. hahah
Old 01-02-2017, 04:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Motavar
Living in the state of PA I have a 1 in 68 chance of hitting a deer. Lucky me right.. hahah
Well, you could have sprayed your vehicle with this:

Old 01-02-2017, 06:26 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Only West Virginia has a higher probability...

I originally purchased the car in the state of New York so it came with a front license plate holder. Unfortunately when I picked up the car they didn't have the front license plate delete kit available (*the extra 2 chrome strips that go across the front). So to fill the front I put a euro plate on

For Christmas a family member gave me those deer noise maker things as a joke (you mount on them on your vehicle and at 30+ mph they are supposed to create a sound that deer can hear and do not like). Unfortunately I don't believe they work.. if they did then every insurance company would make you have them on your vehicle out here.

… Although PA has the highest total - over 120,000 last year.
Old 01-02-2017, 06:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

He he. Lucky you :P

I ran over a dead deer after I took delivery of my new A4. Someone had hit it and it was lying on the road and I was doing around 70mph and ran over it. I thought great. Just got my car and now I have to take it back to the dealer. But nope. Nothing happened though in my A6 (I was driving the A6 and mother in law drove my new car), the plastic thing at the bottom of the bumper came off the clip. I was surprised. The truck that hit it was in bad shape though.
Old 01-03-2017, 03:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Deer are stupid. My wife was driving in a residential area. Saw deer coming at the side of the road. She came to a complete stop. Several deer crossed the road in front of her, then one ran smack into the side of her stopped car. $1000 damage.
Old 01-03-2017, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by RickObe
Deer are stupid. My wife was driving in a residential area. Saw deer coming at the side of the road. She came to a complete stop. Several deer crossed the road in front of her, then one ran smack into the side of her stopped car. $1000 damage.
Not only deer. All animals are. In Oman where I used to live, I've seen camel accidents. Trust me. That is one that you don't want to be in and the people in the car almost always die. Deer causes damage to your car. Camels take your life. But yes. It is sad that you had to pay $1k for no fault of yours (or your wife's).
Old 01-03-2017, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 85 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by VipinLJ
Not only deer. All animals are. In Oman where I used to live, I've seen camel accidents. Trust me. That is one that you don't want to be in and the people in the car almost always die. Deer causes damage to your car. Camels take your life. But yes. It is sad that you had to pay $1k for no fault of yours (or your wife's).
Hitting a moose can be deadly too.
Old 01-03-2017, 09:59 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry for your loss. Just curious to know whether the insurance company totaled your vehicle or pay for the repairs? Ideally a vehicle is totaled in cases of air bag deployment.
Old 01-03-2017, 10:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In London we have cyclists. They can appear from anywhere, overtaking, undertaking, travelling the wrong way down a one way street or jumping red lights.

Worst thing about them is they all have headcams so if a driver does make a mistake, they do them. If one of them does get hurt (usually undertaking a truck when turning) they demand all trucks are fitted with audible turn warnings (even though they won't hear them with their headphones on) and road layouts are changed or cycle lanes installed (which they won't use)! End of moan!

Glad no one was hurt in the deer incident. Reassuring to see how well the Q7 held up.

Quick Reply: Deer Hit