Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

DIY: Replacing Bose Sub in a 2017 Q7

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2018, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Jethroaz
I have a silly question.....why not just swap out the sub itself and use the existing Bose amp?
i belive the Bose amp would not supply enough power to the new sub.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,
I'm a new owner of a 2017 Q7 with the plus package. I love the truck but the sound system is not great. I'd like to add a better amp and sub. Can anyone answer a few questions for me? How do I remove the interior panels? Can anyone tell me where the amp for the base system is located? I see the subwoofer but there is no amp next to it like I have seen in some other pictures.
any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks, Kevin
Old 05-16-2019, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 58 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin Scott
Hi,
I'm a new owner of a 2017 Q7 with the plus package. I love the truck but the sound system is not great. I'd like to add a better amp and sub. Can anyone answer a few questions for me? How do I remove the interior panels? Can anyone tell me where the amp for the base system is located? I see the subwoofer but there is no amp next to it like I have seen in some other pictures.

thanks, Kevin
Do you have the Bose system? If you don’t see the amp next to the sub than you just have the base audio. You can still follow this guide. I’m not sure if the signal wire for the sub is the same and whether or not you will need a remote wire.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks. I know it isn't a bose system so my plan is to connect the hi-level outputs going into the sub into the high level inputs of the amp. I don't think I need a remote wire for that. I'm concerned with removing some of the interior panels without breaking them. I have a bunch of the hard plastic pry tools and plan on using those but I didn't know if there was a trick to removing the interior panels without breaking them.

Also, do you know where the interior battery connection would be made for the direct power wire for the amp?
Old 12-20-2020, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks. I know it isn't a bose system so my plan is to connect the hi-level outputs going into the sub into the high level inputs of the amp. I don't think I need a remote wire for that. I'm concerned with removing some of the interior panels without breaking them. I have a bunch of the hard plastic pry tools and plan on using those but I didn't know if there was a trick to removing the interior panels without breaking them.

Also, do you know where the interior battery connection would be made for the direct power wire for the amp?
Hi,

thanks, Kevin
Hi Kevin,
Any progress on your sub upgrade ? How did you set it up ? Any photos that can help me do the same set up since I have the basic sub as well which sounds terrible.

Thanks.