Go Back  AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi Q3 /Q5 / Q7 / Q8 > Audi Q7 > Q7 MKII Discussion
Reload this Page >

DIY: Replacing Bose Sub in a 2017 Q7

Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

DIY: Replacing Bose Sub in a 2017 Q7

Old 12-09-2018, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Jethroaz View Post
I have a silly question.....why not just swap out the sub itself and use the existing Bose amp?
i belive the Bose amp would not supply enough power to the new sub.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi,
I'm a new owner of a 2017 Q7 with the plus package. I love the truck but the sound system is not great. I'd like to add a better amp and sub. Can anyone answer a few questions for me? How do I remove the interior panels? Can anyone tell me where the amp for the base system is located? I see the subwoofer but there is no amp next to it like I have seen in some other pictures.
any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks, Kevin
Old 05-16-2019, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Kevin Scott View Post
Hi,
I'm a new owner of a 2017 Q7 with the plus package. I love the truck but the sound system is not great. I'd like to add a better amp and sub. Can anyone answer a few questions for me? How do I remove the interior panels? Can anyone tell me where the amp for the base system is located? I see the subwoofer but there is no amp next to it like I have seen in some other pictures.
any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks, Kevin
Do you have the Bose system? If you donít see the amp next to the sub than you just have the base audio. You can still follow this guide. Iím not sure if the signal wire for the sub is the same and whether or not you will need a remote wire.
Old 05-16-2019, 08:44 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thanks. I know it isn't a bose system so my plan is to connect the hi-level outputs going into the sub into the high level inputs of the amp. I don't think I need a remote wire for that. I'm concerned with removing some of the interior panels without breaking them. I have a bunch of the hard plastic pry tools and plan on using those but I didn't know if there was a trick to removing the interior panels without breaking them.

Also, do you know where the interior battery connection would be made for the direct power wire for the amp?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: