Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Does Driver Assistance Package include pre sense plus and what does presense plus do?

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess the only solution is for one of us with DAP to find a wall and start accelerating toward it. I have an aversion to dying. Anyone game?
Old 02-29-2016, 09:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RickObe
The Product Info Book I posted earlier is from Audi of America and specifically references the order code (PCU) for the DAP where it mentions that PreSense Plus is included. So I think @Lookout57 has it right; we do get PreSense Plus with the DAP.
Not absolutely sure, but I don't think pre sense plus is included in US. I would think they would list it in the brochure under DAP if it was included but it is not. They never leave out anything. I don't know why would they not tell prospective customers about a feature that would entice them to buy the package. The Canada Q7 build tool lists DAP with virtually the exact same description as the US Q7 build tool. But Canada build tool has DAP plus with pre sense plus as a separate additional package. We don't get that option in US.

Per Lookout 57:

"From the Q7 Brochure (AoA1616836) page 15:

Driver Assistance package
> Audi adaptive cruise control with stop & go and traffic jam assist
> Audi pre sense® plus
> Collision avoidance assist
> Audi active lane assist
> Traffic sign recognition
> High-beam assistant

Audi Press Release https://www.audiusa.com/newsroom/new...ng-for-2017-Q7:"

As I indicated in my OP, early literature announcing the Q7's release, the above article, does show pre sense plus included but no later articles or literature from Audi indicate Pre Sense Plus in US Q7. It's too bad, it's the one thing that might have made me feel the DAP was worth it for me from a safety standpoint. If anyone learns anything that indicates with certainty that it is or is not included please post.
Old 02-29-2016, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Couldn't find Pre Sense Plus in UK build tool.
Old 02-29-2016, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

I just asked in an Audi chat with AudiUSA about this. DAP has only Presense Basic. No US Q7 has Presense Plus. Only available on 2016 A6, A8, and S8
Old 02-29-2016, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by baltfan
I just asked in an Audi chat with AudiUSA about this. DAP has only Presense Basic. No US Q7 has Presense Plus. Only available on 2016 A6, A8, and S8
Ahhhh, thank you, baltfan; for the definitive word!!
Old 02-29-2016, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thank you
Old 02-29-2016, 02:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Just to clarify for others out there, pre sense basic (and pre sense city) is standard on all trim lines, according to US build tool. It is not part of DAP option.
Old 03-01-2016, 06:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Still not convinced. I think there is confusion with terminology regarding "basic", "plus", "city", "front", etc. But the question is, will a Q7 with ACC/DAP initiate vehicle braking from a speed over 38 mph if an impending collision is sensed. I think the answer is clearly yes.
Old 03-01-2016, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

I can tell you in the chat they looked up my VIN. I have DAP and Prestige. She said that the car as Presense basic, city, and rear. I asked about Presense Plus. She said only in 2016 A6, A8, and S8. I asked why they seem to have it in Canada and she said she can only speak for American cars.

If you look at the AudiUSA site you will see that under DAP presense plus is listed for the A6 and A8,

I wonder if certain things were taken out in order to add things next year as well as keep the price down given the strong US dollar.
Old 03-01-2016, 04:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by baltfan
I can tell you in the chat they looked up my VIN. I have DAP and Prestige. She said that the car as Presense basic, city, and rear. I asked about Presense Plus. She said only in 2016 A6, A8, and S8. I asked why they seem to have it in Canada and she said she can only speak for American cars.

If you look at the AudiUSA site you will see that under DAP presense plus is listed for the A6 and A8,

I wonder if certain things were taken out in order to add things next year as well as keep the price down given the strong US dollar.

Back in November it was included in a Press Release.
https://www.audiusa.com/newsroom/new...ng-for-2017-Q7

Could it be offered as a software upgrade later on?

Quick Reply: Does Driver Assistance Package include pre sense plus and what does presense plus do?