Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Does Driver Assistance Package include pre sense plus and what does presense plus do?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2016, 04:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jmbird07
Back in November it was included in a Press Release.
https://www.audiusa.com/newsroom/new...ng-for-2017-Q7

Could it be offered as a software upgrade later on?
I asked. She said that she highly doubted it.
Old 03-01-2016, 05:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Next year add pre sense plus, add 20 hp, make sepang blue and daytona grey (available in europe) pearl effect standard colors, and voila!.....you have Audi's 2017.5 or 2018 Q7. They hold back stuff just so they can add it in later.
Old 03-01-2016, 05:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RickObe
Still not convinced. I think there is confusion with terminology regarding "basic", "plus", "city", "front", etc. But the question is, will a Q7 with ACC/DAP initiate vehicle braking from a speed over 38 mph if an impending collision is sensed. I think the answer is clearly yes.
Pre sense basic will initiate braking to 52 mph, so yes, over 38 mph, but not to 137 mph (pre sense plus only).
Old 03-01-2016, 07:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I can't speak for the rep from AudiUSA, but according to the official 2017 Q7 brochure, Pre Sense Plus is included under the DAP (Page 26, lower right corner)

https://www.audiusa.com/content/dam/...7-brochure.pdf

If it isn't included with the DAP, I think one could dispute this with Audi as false advertising.

I think the easiest way to find out is for one of our early owners to take the car up to its top speed, find some slow traffic, and see if the car will save his/her life . . .
Old 03-24-2016, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I purchased my 2017 Q7 with DAP on Saturday. After reading the manual and and being intrigued by the pre sense plus I started questioning whether my vehicle had it or not. I called Audi USA and spoke Woth a lady that confirmed that they were told in their recent training that pre sense plus was in fact included in the DAP even though it does not display on the monroney sticker. So I am still confused. I have set the pre sense warning in the settings to 'early' and have had the warning display twice on the screen when approaching a vehicle too fast however I seem to naturally react and start braking before I get to confirm if the vehicle is in fact braking itself. Pre sense rear is definitely working because that one has applied the brakes for me already.

I have watched the Audi videos on pre sense plus on their website and I see that in the A6/A8 there is an additional menu option to disable the vehicle from braking. My Q7 does not have that setting so now I am doubting the information given to me by Audi USA. I am going to phone them back and ask them about that and hear what they have to say.

Besides the doubt of what features are included, the DAP is definitely worth the money. The traffic sign recognition in addition to the integration with the Nav where the vehicle slows down for curves & intersections and adjusts speed based on the speed limit (including school zones) is fantastic.

I will update again once I have spoken with Audi USA again.
Old 03-24-2016, 08:28 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Presense Basic includes Presense rear only.
Presense Plus includes Presense front and Presense rear.
Presense rear attempts to determine that a rear end collision is imminent and will tighten the seat belts, roll up windows and bring seats to an upright position.
Presense front includes Brake Guard and will work in conjunction with ACC.
Old 03-25-2016, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Presense Basic includes Presense rear only.
"pre sense basic" does not include "pre sense rear".

"pre sense rear" is a separate option only for Premium Plus and Prestige, and it comes with "Side Assist". Basically the base Premium only has "pre sense basic" and "pre sense city".

Here is a screenshot from Audi USA's online feature for Premium Plus:

Old 03-25-2016, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by discogone
"pre sense basic" does not include "pre sense rear".

"pre sense rear" is a separate option only for Premium Plus and Prestige, and it comes with "Side Assist". Basically the base Premium only has "pre sense basic" and "pre sense city".

Here is a screenshot from Audi USA's online feature for Premium Plus:

It appears that Audi has changed the presense nomenclature and features since my 2013 A6.
Old 03-25-2016, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
It appears that Audi has changed the presense nomenclature and features since my 2013 A6.
Yeah, these names make me dizzy.
Old 03-25-2016, 03:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Here is what I know:
On the sticker for my 2017 Q7, under Standard, Pre Sense Basic and Pre Sense City are listed. Under Packages, the DAP section does not specifically list Pre Sense Plus, although the brochure does as pointed out above. Also, Collision Avoidance assistant is listed in the brochure but not on the sticker in the DAP section.

Neither are separate options in the brochure and it's clear that they are a part of the DAP package So what gives? There is no legal action to take, because Audi will point to the 'subject to change at any time' clause.

But I would sure like to know whether or not my Q7 has these features!

Quick Reply: Does Driver Assistance Package include pre sense plus and what does presense plus do?