Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Easy entry / exit

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2017, 11:25 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by RickObe
I'd say my steering wheel moves up about 2-3 inches and the seat moves back about 4-5 inches. If I get a chance, I'll try to actually measure sometime.
I just measured with a ruler. I was pretty far off. The seat moves back only 1 inch, and the steering wheel up only 3/4 inch.

Little as that is, it feels like more and actually does make difference getting in and out of the car.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RickObe
I don't remember, but certainly won't hurt to try.
I will give it a go. Out of interest, do you get the additional rear seat config in the MMI and if so, have you ticked it?

Old 01-23-2017, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

On rear???
Old 01-23-2017, 03:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Dasaint
On rear???
I guess UK models have that option.
Old 01-23-2017, 03:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by discogone
I guess UK models have that option.
No, I'm finding the menu equally strange!
Old 01-23-2017, 04:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by srbsq7
No, I'm finding the menu equally strange!
Interesting, indeed...
Old 01-24-2017, 04:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Had another go at this today and I can't see any change in behaviour by applying the two changes listed above. This time, after making changes with OBD11, I rebooted the MMI.

What I did discover is that the movement of the steering wheel does work but is very limited. Unlike my old X5, if only moves up and not away from me when I switch the ignition off and open the door.

I have my seat quite high and I didn't realise until now that I have the steering wheel at the highest setting hence why I see no movement at all.

I think I'd actually prefer the steering wheel to retract rather than the seat move but can't get either at the moment!
Old 01-24-2017, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

I guess one benefit of being of medium build is that I dont care about easy in/out. As a matter of fact when when I'm getting in my car, I get pissed because the damn steering wheel is taking the extra second to get back to me LOL!!

I like to get it in a get out. No waiting for seats etc to retract
Old 01-24-2017, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't' like Easy Exit either, I have it on my C7 and I don't use it, I think all that movement will really shorten the life of the motors etc on those items, trouble down the road, set it and leave it.
Old 01-27-2017, 11:10 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eppieguy
I don't' like Easy Exit either, I have it on my C7 and I don't use it, I think all that movement will really shorten the life of the motors etc on those items, trouble down the road, set it and leave it.
My first Audi and it is used 2014 A8L. Lexus since 1997. No question the Audi is more fun to drive. Quicker accel and decl.

All these issues are software issues and we are not the first since the 6,7 and 8's were introduced to recognize changes that need to be made. One complaint will not get attention. They have a box in the software set up for "driver seat exit" NOthing happens to drivers seat on exit. A class action or petition to Audi of America might at least get a nod. This is not the only piece of their software that is DOA. It surely is a damn good drive!!!

How much greater this car could be with less than a week of software engineers and comparing themselves to the competition. Just fix existing software would be wonderful.

If they can automatically close a door, recognize when a crash is about to occur and tighten the seat belts and close the sun roof.....well I think they could figure a way to retract seats to exit.

Quick Reply: Easy entry / exit