Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Factory backed extended warranty

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2018, 04:33 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Factory backed extended warranty

Does anyone know of a factory backed extended warranty available for the Q7. I know there are a number of company’s that offer 3rd party “extended warranties”, but I’m specifically looking for something backed/authorizes by Audi/VW. Any suggestions greatly appreciated
Old 01-03-2018, 04:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Referring to strictly 3rd party or Will the one you can buy from Audi the day you sign paperwork do?
Old 01-03-2018, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I’m not looking for anything that is strictly 3rd party. In my experience they are a hassle at best and more often than not, completely useless between the myriad of restrictions/authorizations/etc. They exist only to make the company money. Now, for example in the GM world, there is GMEPP, which is essentially a GM warranty. It is run by a 3rd party (I believe), but it is certified by GM, accepted at any GM dealer and follows the same requirements as the original GM factory warranty. That is what I’m trying to find in the Audi world. Any suggestions?
Old 01-04-2018, 03:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by neogenesis1
I’m not looking for anything that is strictly 3rd party. In my experience they are a hassle at best and more often than not, completely useless between the myriad of restrictions/authorizations/etc. They exist only to make the company money. Now, for example in the GM world, there is GMEPP, which is essentially a GM warranty. It is run by a 3rd party (I believe), but it is certified by GM, accepted at any GM dealer and follows the same requirements as the original GM factory warranty. That is what I’m trying to find in the Audi world. Any suggestions?
I think the Fidelity warranty may be similar.