Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Getting ready to place an order. Any advice?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2018, 04:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by M0J0
Just placed my order. 6% off which was fair. I should get my delivery in late June.

Prestige
Carrara White/Cedar Brown/Gray Oak
CWP, LP, ACP, DAP, B&O, TP, Black Alcantara, jack kit.

Good choice. Similar to mine.

What made you go Carrara over Glacier? Curious because I don't think I saw a Carrara on the floor, at least not on a Q7. Midwest loves its Orca and Grays
Old 03-09-2018, 01:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by smacky

What made you go Carrara over Glacier? Curious because I don't think I saw a Carrara on the floor, at least not on a Q7. Midwest loves its Orca and Grays
I hope the tariff event does not escalate into a eruo response due to Pres. Chaos suggesting he would target foreign cars. Although healthy % are built in SC
Old 03-09-2018, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Brimstone
Congrats, did you gauge the sound quality difference then or just decide to spend the money?
There was no way to gauge the sound quality of the B&O. I brought two SD cards, but they had none to test. I just said screw it.
Old 03-09-2018, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

I just like plain old white.
Old 03-09-2018, 05:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Next, I have to get Huper Optik tint, color correction, expel bra, expel the rear bumper, and C Quartz. I also need to get a dog barrier, rubber mats or weather tech, winter rims and tires, and a ski rack.
Old 03-10-2018, 04:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Next, I have to get Huper Optik tint, color correction, expel bra, expel the rear bumper, and C Quartz. I also need to get a dog barrier, rubber mats or weather tech, winter rims and tires, and a ski rack.

You have the cold weather package, right? They come with all season mats and they are pretty nice. We bought WeatherTech mats for a few other cars right around the time we picked up our Q7 and picked them up at their factory. WT is nice but give Audi's a chance. They are well-built compared to the ones we got in our BMW a few years back.
Old 03-10-2018, 05:17 PM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 283 Likes on 203 Posts

You have the cold weather package, right? They come with all season mats and they are pretty nice. We bought WeatherTech mats for a few other cars right around the time we picked up our Q7 and picked them up at their factory. WT is nice but give Audi's a chance. They are well-built compared to the ones we got in our BMW a few years back.
The only reason I ordered the cold weather package on my special order Q7 is my wife wants the rear seat heaters. The all season mats will be tossed into the back room of the garage and most likely never used, same as the all season mats that came with my S5.
Old 03-10-2018, 07:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Completely agree that the Audi all season mats are big improvement over BMW mats. However, the second row mat does not cover the hump (which gets dirty soon when kids are back there) and the mat in the trunk is a joke that always skids around. I tried sticking to the Audi mats for few months and then eventually had to replace them with WT.
Old 03-13-2018, 09:32 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hammer458

I hope the tariff event does not escalate into a eruo response due to Pres. Chaos suggesting he would target foreign cars. Although healthy % are built in SC
All Q7s are built in Europe. My Q7 final assembly point was actually slovakia
Old 03-13-2018, 09:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just placed my order. 6% off which was fair. I should get my delivery in late June.

Prestige
Carrara White/Cedar Brown/Gray Oak
CWP, LP, ACP, DAP, B&O, TP, Black Alcantara, jack kit.
dude, that's a weak discount. I got 10% off MSRP for euro delivery at Audi Central few weeks ago. Yes, you heard it right. EURO DELIVERY. a process that's usually pre-set at 5%. See if you can renegotiate, but i've talked to a few members around here that got their cars in Houston...the story is:

After Hurricane Harvey cars were selling like hot cakes. This led the 2018 forecasts to be jacked up artifically, and as rate of sales have died down, dealers are hungry to meet the quotas and are giving good discount.

Audi Central was ready to give me 11% off msrp with zero negotiation. 7% for ED. I worked him to 10% and jumped all over it.

My advice is if you so choose, to either renegotiate that deal (hard to do) or go to Audi West and get your 10%. Audi North are less willing to negotiate, best i got was 10% for stock vehicle only.

Of course if you don't care about extra $3000 savings, just let it ride as is.

PM me if you have any questions

Quick Reply: Getting ready to place an order. Any advice?