Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

GLE?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2019, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by MonzaAvant
Mercedes has chosen to go the opposite direction of most everyone else and it works in some of their models. Audi is stuck with making updates to 2016 styling cues which has angles and sharp lines. Both appeal to me but the current Q7 interior was the reason both my wife and I didn’t buy an Audi last time around. Starship is right where that spaceship dash belongs.
Why there are different brands and design philosophies I suppose.
Old 05-21-2019, 08:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

A good review from Doug on GLE, he scores it against Q7 and X5
Old 05-21-2019, 08:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

It is just that dash UI looks horribly dated, kind of reminds me websites from 00's
Old 05-21-2019, 11:15 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MonzaAvant
Mercedes has chosen to go the opposite direction of most everyone else and it works in some of their models. Audi is stuck with making updates to 2016 styling cues which has angles and sharp lines. Both appeal to me but the current Q7 interior was the reason both my wife and I didn’t buy an Audi last time around. Starship is right where that spaceship dash belongs.
Everyone has her own preference. Before we got our Q7 recently, I read your comments on the interior styling being outdated and worried a little bit.

But after familiarizing myself with the current MMI, the control wheel and the touch pad, I quite like it. In fact, I haven’t bothered to plug in my phone to use CarPlay. The MMI to me is that good that I prefer it to the CarPlay. E.g., I can rest my right wrist on the shifter and turn the control wheel and use the touch pad, without moving my eyes downwards. This makes my driving safer and it’s super convenient.

Last edited by philosli; 05-21-2019 at 11:17 AM.
Old 05-21-2019, 02:04 PM
Never Follows

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by philosli
Everyone has her own preference. Before we got our Q7 recently, I read your comments on the interior styling being outdated and worried a little bit.

But after familiarizing myself with the current MMI, the control wheel and the touch pad, I quite like it. In fact, I haven’t bothered to plug in my phone to use CarPlay. The MMI to me is that good that I prefer it to the CarPlay. E.g., I can rest my right wrist on the shifter and turn the control wheel and use the touch pad, without moving my eyes downwards. This makes my driving safer and it’s super convenient.
My complaint is not about the function but strictly about the form. Aesthetically it doesn’t appeal to me.
Old 05-22-2019, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 31 Posts

I love popping my screen in and out my dash, especially at night. But that's me. I don't hate MB layout nor BMW. I prefer the current Q7 layout. More convenient and feel safer. I even tried the new MMI which is cool but I again I prefer the current layout. I can do things without out looking down and away. I know folks say muscle memory, but I have my note 8 for years and I can't touch touch around without looking at it.