Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Heated Steering Wheel Retrofit?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2020, 01:52 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My Local dealer..Reno has been NO help. They say they would need a aftermarket programmer..really!
So anyone know a mod friendly dealer within 500 miles of Carson City NV.?
Old 01-13-2021, 10:38 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

No one...?
Old 10-20-2021, 06:36 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Back to the top.. 10 months no help in getting this done.
Old 10-20-2021, 08:02 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by caryt
Bring this back to life.
I bought a heated steering wheel and I understand needing a new clock ring with stalks and getting a wire-wires? to it?
I have a Prestige , Adaptive chassis, Driver assistance, so.. Dynamic Steering, lane assist, adaptive cruse, blind spot etc..its loaded with all but the heated steering wheel.
Anyone have the clock ring with stalks part #, I cannot find one with everything ? also the factory heat wire is that available?
You need to have a look at some online ETKA, for example this one at https://webautocats.com/etka/audi/aq7/859u/953500/ and try to find the "steering col. combi switch" (that's the "clock ring with stalks") which has all the features you need. Mine was 4M0907129JE, but that was for an European version and for the 4-spoke steering wheel; yours will be different, depending on your options. In the column "Use of" you'll find a list of option codes. Cross reference the ones you have with that, and you should find one which has all the options you have. That's the one you need. Then start scouring eBay and similar sites for hits.

I don't know if the factory heat wire has its own part number, or if it just is a generic piece of wire. I had my local workshop do this. I did not use my dealer or the main local Audi service for this, but rather a generic shop which do all kinds of VAG works, so they know their business, but have no qualms about tweaking things Audi doesn't want tweaked. I don't know if the Audi service would even have done this (didn't ask).

Also, you'll need coding for this, at least to re-calibrate the steering angle sensor. Like I said in my A4-thread (linked earlier in this thread), I don't know the particulars of that.
Old 10-20-2021, 08:53 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I have everything needed for the install but without a dealer level programing to tell the MMI that the controls are ok to use it would be undrivable.
Steering angle is a minor issue.

Local dealers I have contacted will not do it and the best local independent shop no longer renewed their Audi software license as the cost is now over $1500 and they just never needed that level of MMI control.

Hence why I'm asking for help to see if anyone knows a shop or dealer that can do this.
Old 10-20-2021, 09:03 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I have everything needed for the install but without a dealer level programing to tell the MMI that the controls are ok to use it would be undrivable.
Steering angle is a minor issue.
Well, according to the A4 discussion, you don't need to code anything other than the steering angle:
Originally Posted by bruce_miranda
On the A5 no coding is needed to get the Heated Steering to work. This is because the stalks now have different part numbers based on the functions needed, and are pre-coded.

I can't verify if that's really the case, though. Like I've mentioned, I still have the setup in the MMI for the (now missing) star-button, so I assume that it's not been re-coded.
Old 10-20-2021, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

If no coding is required then I can do the install and alinement.
I just need confirmation that a 2017 Q7 up doesn't require it.

Thanks
Old 10-20-2021, 09:23 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I have the wire actual I have 2ea?
wire set AH 052 D06, heating wire to fuze box.
Stalk 4NO 907 129 Q
2017-21, w/adapative cruise, w/o lane assist. A6 Allroad; w/Adaptive Cruise. E-tron Quattro; w/Adaptive Cruise. E-tron Sportback; w/Adaptive Cruise. Q7; w/Blind Spot Warning; w/Adaptive Cruise. Q8. RS Q8. SQ7. SQ8. W/adaptive cruise. W/blind spot monitor, w/adaptive cruise.

Can anyone confirm the Stalk is pre programed for my Q7 that has w/Blind Spot Warning; w/Adaptive Cruise.?
Puderzo?

Thanks
Old 10-20-2021, 11:12 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I have the wire actual I have 2ea?
wire set AH 052 D06, heating wire to fuze box.
Stalk 4NO 907 129 Q
2017-21, w/adapative cruise, w/o lane assist. A6 Allroad; w/Adaptive Cruise. E-tron Quattro; w/Adaptive Cruise. E-tron Sportback; w/Adaptive Cruise. Q7; w/Blind Spot Warning; w/Adaptive Cruise. Q8. RS Q8. SQ7. SQ8. W/adaptive cruise. W/blind spot monitor, w/adaptive cruise.

Can anyone confirm the Stalk is pre programed for my Q7 that has w/Blind Spot Warning; w/Adaptive Cruise.?
Puderzo?

Thanks
Do you have the actual option codes on your car? Easier to decode than the texts, mostly because Audi uses several option codes for the same text.

Also, I would think you'd need a part starting with 4M, but it appears that they superseded some of the 4M models with 4N models, so maybe it's correct. 4N otherwise generally refers to the D5 A8 (whereas the Q7 facelift is 4M). But if you can give me the option codes you have, I can then try to find what I think would be the correct part number, and we can see if there's a supersession line to the part you have.

Another starting point would be if you could figure out what part number you currently have, we could then try to find what you need. What we want is one which has the 1XP instead of 1XW (and possibly 2ZM instead of 2PF/2ZQ), but with the rest being the same (in my case I had PR-AV0,AV1+1XW,2PF,2ZQ+6I1+8T8 originally and changed to one which had PR-AV0,AV1+1XP,2ZM+6I1+8T8). 6I1 is lane keeping and 8T8 is adaptive cruise, and those seem to be the important parts to keep.
Old 10-20-2021, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Thanks, where would I find the option code's?

Pictures of the parts and tags.

Quick Reply: Heated Steering Wheel Retrofit?