Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Help! Airbag warning, Traffic Jam assist error, passenger door handle

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2017, 06:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Airbag warning, Traffic Jam assist error, passenger door handle

So I get into our 3 week old Q7 yesterday and start her up. Dash displays "Safety malfunction: Traffic Jam assist unavailable, see owners manual". Hmm, okay.

Then I notice the airbag warning light is on, above the instrument cluster.

Later in the day, my wife is driving and I'm in the passenger seat. I go to get out and the passenger door handle won't open the door. The door unlock/lock buttons are also not doing anything.

Whats going on!?

I read the pertinent manual sections and think I may be able to clear the traffic jam assist warning by turning the feature off. The airbag warning worries me as there is not much I can do there. The passenger door lock I am going to try turning the manual door lock on the side of the door.
Old 04-28-2017, 10:04 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by sundayfish
So I get into our 3 week old Q7 yesterday and start her up. Dash displays "Safety malfunction: Traffic Jam assist unavailable, see owners manual". Hmm, okay.

Then I notice the airbag warning light is on, above the instrument cluster.

Later in the day, my wife is driving and I'm in the passenger seat. I go to get out and the passenger door handle won't open the door. The door unlock/lock buttons are also not doing anything.

Whats going on!?

I read the pertinent manual sections and think I may be able to clear the traffic jam assist warning by turning the feature off. The airbag warning worries me as there is not much I can do there. The passenger door lock I am going to try turning the manual door lock on the side of the door.
I had a similar error in my 2 week old Q7 this month. I went to the dealer and they did a software update which fixed all the errors. My Traffic jam assist, lane departure, and all airbags were non-functional. the update took less than 20 min, and I haven't had any issues since.
Old 04-28-2017, 05:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank you.

The dealership confirmed there is a TSB for the traffic jam/lane assist and the airbag light.
Old 04-29-2017, 08:34 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rattyp1
I had a similar error in my 2 week old Q7 this month. I went to the dealer and they did a software update which fixed all the errors. My Traffic jam assist, lane departure, and all airbags were non-functional. the update took less than 20 min, and I haven't had any issues since.
Exact experience as rattyp1. All good after quick fix at dealer & car wash.