Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

how many % off msrp

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by amchuu
Wait, I made an error. I looked up the details from the email the dealer sent me.

I purchased the 2017 Q7 2.0T with Glacier White, MMI Navigation Plus and Cold Weather package, plus some other options. Total MSRP was $55,725. I paid $48,500, so 13%.

There was one other car identical to mine at the dealer. The third Q7 he had in stock was a 2017 Q7 3.0 with the Premium Plus package (not the Prestige). That Q7 was for $67,630 MSRP, so after my discount it would have been at best $58,838 (assuming 13% discount off MSRP).

So for me the difference came down to the 3.0 with slightly more features, versus a 2.0 with the main feature I cared about (MMI Navi Plus) and $10,500 in the trunk! Not to mention an additional $1000 in savings once you take into account the 10% tax rate in California.
I would find it hard to believe that they would offer the same discount on a 3.0. The 2.0s seem so sit a bit longer on the lots. The discounts will be based upon supply and demand.
Old 06-27-2017, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by A4tek
I would find it hard to believe that they would offer the same discount on a 3.0. The 2.0s seem so sit a bit longer on the lots. The discounts will be based upon supply and demand.
That is simply NOT true. That discount was originally quoted to me for a 3.0 as that was the car I was in the market for. The 2.0s are quicker to sell given the lower price point - much more affordable. At the start of the day I purchased my Q7, the dealer had 1 3.0 Premium Plus and 2 2.0T Premiums. At the end of the day, he had only the one Q7 3.0 Premium Plus and sold both 2.0Ts.

I got a killer deal. I am not making this up. I'm not trying to gloat. I have checked my facts. I'm not trying to rub it into anyone's face or prove I am a better negotiator.

I just wanted to share the facts of my transaction. You may be able to save more or less, at the end of the day, you just need to be happy with the car. 2% here or there is peanuts, especially over the time you own the car.
Old 06-27-2017, 01:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

That is simply NOT true. That discount was originally quoted to me for a 3.0 as that was the car I was in the market for. The 2.0s are quicker to sell given the lower price point - much more affordable. At the start of the day I purchased my Q7, the dealer had 1 3.0 Premium Plus and 2 2.0T Premiums. At the end of the day, he had only the one Q7 3.0 Premium Plus and sold both 2.0Ts.

I got a killer deal. I am not making this up. I'm not trying to gloat. I have checked my facts. I'm not trying to rub it into anyone's face or prove I am a better negotiator.

I just wanted to share the facts of my transaction. You may be able to save more or less, at the end of the day, you just need to be happy with the car. 2% here or there is peanuts, especially over the time you own the car.
could you check your PM me, regarding your dealer. In in the bay area also.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

I believe you fully, as it is commonplace on the A4 as an example, to get 10-13% off. Today's buyers have been hoodwinked by the industry into believing that the invoice is representative of the actual dealer cost of the car. If you look back over 15 years you will see that invoices have steadily grown closer and closer to MSRP, because buyers accept invoice as a good deal. The true cost to the dealer is a price far below invoice, once you account for all the sales target and incentive bonuses and back end payments etc. If you bought the Q7 at 6% off like I did, you didn't get it at true dealer cost despite all the nonsense claiming otherwise. My dealer still made thousands on the deal clearly. Easiest way to say it is that the difference between invoice and MSRP is just one of the many ways a dealership is compensated for the sale of a unit. Bottom line- there is a lot more on the table when you pay 6-7% off, and depending on the motivation of the dealer, you might just get 10-13% off. Dealers have a vested interest in persuading buyers that "invoice" is as good as it gets.
Old 06-28-2017, 04:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by MCSMCS1
I believe you fully, as it is commonplace on the A4 as an example, to get 10-13% off. Today's buyers have been hoodwinked by the industry into believing that the invoice is representative of the actual dealer cost of the car. If you look back over 15 years you will see that invoices have steadily grown closer and closer to MSRP, because buyers accept invoice as a good deal. The true cost to the dealer is a price far below invoice, once you account for all the sales target and incentive bonuses and back end payments etc. If you bought the Q7 at 6% off like I did, you didn't get it at true dealer cost despite all the nonsense claiming otherwise. My dealer still made thousands on the deal clearly. Easiest way to say it is that the difference between invoice and MSRP is just one of the many ways a dealership is compensated for the sale of a unit. Bottom line- there is a lot more on the table when you pay 6-7% off, and depending on the motivation of the dealer, you might just get 10-13% off. Dealers have a vested interest in persuading buyers that "invoice" is as good as it gets.
^^^This

Forget the invoice as it means nothing. Get the biggest % off you can by competing the dealers...best thing you can do
Old 07-03-2017, 03:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Whatever the details may be, it appears that you got a killer deal on your Q7 2.0. Congratulations and happy driving! I am very happy for you.

CarSwami
Old 07-04-2017, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Bottom line: I cannot tell you which dealer, but this is one of the top 3 dealers in the SF area.
I know two out of the three and I am fairly certain neither of them wrote up that deal.
Secondly I am not sure why you cannot share the info. It's not like they made you sign a non-disclosure agreement and lastly I can see why they discounted heavily on a 2.0 in stock unit but I cannot see 13%. Care to post the PO? (Redact the personal information if you like but just the numbers portion.) It would really help a lot of members on here.
Old 07-06-2017, 03:31 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am currently in Houston working the dealerships for a Ink Blue/Nougat Prestige Q7 and the most I have seen so far is about 4% off. That is for a 2018 that should be here at the end of the month. I am now seeing what Austin or San Antonio has to offer.
Old 07-21-2017, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by kna3ga
Want to get a q7. How many % off msrp should I expect these days?
a year later....there is a 2017 Q7 Prestige with 5-6K off MSRP in Maryland, or 10% off MSRP in Florida...
PM me if need more details
Old 07-21-2017, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

One local dealer in SF agree to give me $1k off invoice price. So the 2017 prestige with drive assistant, cold weather package and few minor options that they alway add on MSRP is $70580 dealer agree to sale for $72k out the door. what you guy thing about this deal? where I live sale tax is 9.75%.

Quick Reply: how many % off msrp