Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Just Order My First Audi

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe1351
No I don't have. Let me see if I can get it from my sales person.
You dealer should be able to tell you the date the build was complete. Then see the attached VW ship schedule. So it looks like your car may make it on the
HOEGH DELHI departing Emden Apr 4/5, arriving Houston Apr 25. If not, the next ship is HOEGH BANGKOK departing Emden Apr 11/12, arriving Houston May 4.

Once you think you know the ship name, go here:

https://www.vesseltracker.com/

and you can track the ship. Once it leaves the Europe coast, you can sign up for a Sat tracking free trial account to track it mid-ocean too.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Schedule 2016-04-02.pdf (300.1 KB, 167 views)
Old 04-02-2016, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yours also mostly likely will be in same shipment. Mine had an ETA of June as well.
I just talked to my dealer, he is still seeing the same original estimate June, with a Port Arrival on 5/25.

My original build week was week16. But got build notification on March 25th(week12). So I am confused.

How long does the production stage take?
Old 04-02-2016, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by lapi
I just talked to my dealer, he is still seeing the same original estimate June, with a Port Arrival on 5/25.

My original build week was week16. But got build notification on March 25th(week12). So I am confused.

How long does the production stage take?
From who did you get the build notification (if not the dealer)?

My build week was quoted as 10/16 (March 7th) and my "Production Complete" date was 3/12/2016. That's just one data point.

If your car's production was complete earlier than expected, hopefully it will get on an earlier ship too (and not just sit at Emden waiting for its original ship).

Based on your original port arrival of 5/25 (ref the ship sked I uploaded earlier), it would have been on FREMANTLE HIGHWAY arriving Houston 5/27 or OREGON HIGHWAY arriving Houston 5/21. If build was really complete on 3/25, it could make it on HOEGH DELHI arriving Houston 4/25.

But wait... when you say you got "build notification on 3/25", could that mean that was the date you were notified that the build week in May was officially locked in?
Old 04-02-2016, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by RickObe
From who did you get the build notification (if not the dealer)?

My build week was quoted as 10/16 (March 7th) and my "Production Complete" date was 3/12/2016. That's just one data point.

If your car's production was complete earlier than expected, hopefully it will get on an earlier ship too (and not just sit at Emden waiting for its original ship).

Based on your original port arrival of 5/25 (ref the ship sked I uploaded earlier), it would have been on FREMANTLE HIGHWAY arriving Houston 5/27 or OREGON HIGHWAY arriving Houston 5/21. If build was really complete on 3/25, it could make it on HOEGH DELHI arriving Houston 4/25.

But wait... when you say you got "build notification on 3/25", could that mean that was the date you were notified that the build week in May was officially locked in?
I got the notification from : mynewaudi@audicommunication.com
"Your Audi Q7 has gone into production" on March 25

I guess I will keep on waiting for the next notification..

It is really an experience to wait for the car! ( Not to mention that I ran out of Q7 videos in youtube, and also run out of Q7 threads in various forums :-) )
Old 04-02-2016, 11:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

It is really an experience to wait for the car! ( Not to mention that I ran out of Q7 videos in youtube, and also run out of Q7 threads in various forums :-) )
Interesting. Only info I have comes from my dealer. I've never gotten anything from audicommunication.com. (Would have liked to.)

So you need more reading to keep you busy while you wait? Go to AudiUSA.com, then MyAudi. Find the link for Owners Manual, then click View Owners Manual>>.

Now the slightly tricky part. You will need to enter a VIN for a 2017 Q7. You can find one by searching Google for "2017 audi q7 vin". Many will come up on dealer sites. Might be best to find one in the same trim line as yours.

Enter the VIN at MyAudi and you'll have access to the online owners manual. That should keep you busy for a while. :-)
Old 04-02-2016, 12:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The waiting SO hard! I had an original build week of 15 and got the email from Audi 3/21 that the car was being built. However, I've checked with my dealer the last two Friday's and still no VIN. I too am out of videos and am now onto the owners manual.
Old 04-02-2016, 12:47 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by RickObe
You dealer should be able to tell you the date the build was complete. Then see the attached VW ship schedule. So it looks like your car may make it on the
HOEGH DELHI departing Emden Apr 4/5, arriving Houston Apr 25. If not, the next ship is HOEGH BANGKOK departing Emden Apr 11/12, arriving Houston May 4.

Once you think you know the ship name, go here:

https://www.vesseltracker.com/

and you can track the ship. Once it leaves the Europe coast, you can sign up for a Sat tracking free trial account to track it mid-ocean too.
Thanks for posting the shipping schedule - Great info!
Old 04-08-2016, 09:09 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I've been getting updates like this as well. Here's my breakdown for comparison.
2/27 -- Received "gone into production" email from @audicommunication.com
3/11 -- Dealer email saying that it has gone into production
3/27 -- "Production complete, on the way to Emden" from @audicommunication.com

Not sure the boat, hopeful it's on the Hoegh Delhi, but could still be in Emden for the next ship to Houston. Dealer said ETA first part of May in OR.

I wasn't able to get the VIN form my contact at the dealer (I think they got tired of my nagging on the build date), but a quick search of their site for Q7's and I see my car with the "This vehicle is in transit" label. Able to get the VIN from there.
Old 04-12-2016, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Calen Kolb
I've been getting updates like this as well. Here's my breakdown for comparison.
2/27 -- Received "gone into production" email from @audicommunication.com
3/11 -- Dealer email saying that it has gone into production
3/27 -- "Production complete, on the way to Emden" from @audicommunication.com

Not sure the boat, hopeful it's on the Hoegh Delhi, but could still be in Emden for the next ship to Houston. Dealer said ETA first part of May in OR.

I wasn't able to get the VIN form my contact at the dealer (I think they got tired of my nagging on the build date), but a quick search of their site for Q7's and I see my car with the "This vehicle is in transit" label. Able to get the VIN from there.

Dealer just called and said my car is ready for pick up today. Really excited!!!
Old 04-12-2016, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Dealer just called and said my car is ready for pick up today. Really excited!!!
Hey Joe, that's great news and record shipping time if you were right about the production week!!
Congrats!

Quick Reply: Just Order My First Audi