Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Lease end inspection schedule

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2020, 09:59 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Lease end inspection schedule

Has anyone gotten a lease end inspection recently/during covid? Should I schedule close to lease end? Or is it better to do sooner?
Also is Audi offering any incentives such as waiving disposition fee or forgiving minor issues like tire wear etc if we lease another Audi vehicle? Or they don't care?
Old 08-16-2020, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hayde_bre
Has anyone gotten a lease end inspection recently/during covid? Should I schedule close to lease end? Or is it better to do sooner?
Also is Audi offering any incentives such as waiving disposition fee or forgiving minor issues like tire wear etc if we lease another Audi vehicle? Or they don't care?
Can't answer your question, but wanted to share that Costco is offering employee pricing on most Audi vehicles through Sept 30 in case that's helpful. https://www.costcoauto.com/save/audi/
Old 08-16-2020, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Hayde, is it time already? Gosh, feels like yesterday when we all got our Q and now they are 3 + years old. What are you looking to get next?
Old 08-16-2020, 10:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks mi, I didn't know about the Costco program, last time I got such a sweet deal with @SYMAWD, I didn't think of looking elsewhere if I decided stay with Audi. I will definitely be in touch with him, but it's good to know about Costco. I will look into it.

I heard some car makers are offering at-home lease termination, I guess they send someone to pick up the car and take it to any deal who is willing to take the car. I am not sure how that's going to work but I am hoping I can get help from local Audi dealers to accept it as return since SYMAWD's is 100 miles from me (which means about 2,5 hours of horribly congested roads cross-state lines in normal conditions)

BK! Totally, it was like a blur, and the older we get, faster the time seems to go. I remember when I had first leased my X5 back in 2011 after owning a Jeep for almost 10 years, those first 3 years felt like a long time. Now, 3 years lease, I had to double check my paperwork to make sure it was actually 3 years and not 2 years since I picked it up..

I was looking into getting an hybrid, so maybe X5e or Q5e, but after seeing Q5e pricing, I may pass. Other options are GLE, but it's pain to find a good one because of MB's way of options vs packages, nothing beats BMW in custom-order benefit and less than month turnaround, and maybe Range Rover Sport.
Prices seem pretty bad for August, and if trend continues into Sept, I might actually extend 3 months into January.
Old 08-17-2020, 05:17 AM
Ultimate Keyboard Warrior

Received 283 Likes on 203 Posts

Thanks mi, I didn't know about the Costco program, last time I got such a sweet deal with @SYMAWD, I didn't think of looking elsewhere if I decided stay with Audi. I will definitely be in touch with him, but it's good to know about Costco. I will look into it.
https://www.costcoauto.com/save/audi...9966eaf&cmpc=1
Old 08-17-2020, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 51 Likes on 44 Posts

So basically with the CostCo deal, you are getting a 10% discount. Don’t you think you can do better at the dealer being it is end of model year??
Old 08-17-2020, 10:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

I heard some car makers are offering at-home lease termination, I guess they send someone to pick up the car and take it to any deal who is willing to take the car. I am not sure how that's going to work but I am hoping I can get help from local Audi dealers to accept it as return since SYMAWD's is 100 miles from me (which means about 2,5 hours of horribly congested roads cross-state lines in normal conditions)

BK! Totally, it was like a blur, and the older we get, faster the time seems to go. I remember when I had first leased my X5 back in 2011 after owning a Jeep for almost 10 years, those first 3 years felt like a long time. Now, 3 years lease, I had to double check my paperwork to make sure it was actually 3 years and not 2 years since I picked it up..

I was looking into getting an hybrid, so maybe X5e or Q5e, but after seeing Q5e pricing, I may pass. Other options are GLE, but it's pain to find a good one because of MB's way of options vs packages, nothing beats BMW in custom-order benefit and less than month turnaround, and maybe Range Rover Sport.
Prices seem pretty bad for August, and if trend continues into Sept, I might actually extend 3 months into January.
Good luck Hayde, cant go wrong with any of these choices, but you do get limited when looking at the hybrid. I've owned the old ML, Q7, and driven X5s extensively so can say that the ML is likely the most boring of all of them, I personally am a fan of BMW as they truly delivery the driving experience if that's important to you (I too just bought another BMW recently). The RR Sport we found to "feel" very heavy for daily driving, and of course there is the reputation for not being reliable. Let us know what you end up with. Good luck
Old 08-17-2020, 11:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,178 Likes on 920 Posts

I can't think but laugh when people talk about the RR.
My buddy's dad had one and he loved it, but I found out one day the electric door latch keeping the driver side door malfunctioned one day. He had to tie it to the passenger side door handle to keep it shut while he drove it down the highway to the dealer.

Either way, any of those choices are great. Let us know what you end up going with!
Old 08-17-2020, 09:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Carl78
So basically with the CostCo deal, you are getting a 10% discount. Don’t you think you can do better at the dealer being it is end of model year??
I think the challenge will be finding a 2020 on the lot somewhere by October.. I am not sure how much of the current buying surge will continue but hopefully dealers will order a lot of 2021s and will want to move them quickly, but you never know.

Originally Posted by BigKutta
Good luck Hayde, cant go wrong with any of these choices, but you do get limited when looking at the hybrid. I've owned the old ML, Q7, and driven X5s extensively so can say that the ML is likely the most boring of all of them, I personally am a fan of BMW as they truly delivery the driving experience if that's important to you (I too just bought another BMW recently). The RR Sport we found to "feel" very heavy for daily driving, and of course there is the reputation for not being reliable. Let us know what you end up with. Good luck
RR has a very distinct drive feel, when I first drove one, at first it felt like driving on stilts, but over time you get used to it, and I think I just like the "full control feel" it gives while driving. It's still not my 1st choice, but after seeing how screaming X5 has become over the years, I am not sure about it. I just wish they had their Luxury line on X5 similar to 5 series that's understated and not trying so hard to look aggressive. If I do get one, first order of business would be to wrap the rear bumper accent in black. I am not a fan of that chrome on bumper, it was so much better on last generation. Audi's understated and subtle luxury looks was perfect for me, it just looked graceful compared to others in same class.

Originally Posted by mhoran89
I can't think but laugh when people talk about the RR.
My buddy's dad had one and he loved it, but I found out one day the electric door latch keeping the driver side door malfunctioned one day. He had to tie it to the passenger side door handle to keep it shut while he drove it down the highway to the dealer.

Either way, any of those choices are great. Let us know what you end up going with!
Had one in Cali that had to be bought back by LR after 2,5 years under lemon law, and we were out only $10k on a $125k vehicle, they just could not fix the Check Engine light and constant nagging reminder of "take it to service something is wrong" So I am all aware of RR's quirks but 3 years pass quickly and I just like the way it drives.