Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

myAudi App - Oil Level/Status Info not working

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2019, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default myAudi App - Oil Level/Status Info not working

I have been having issues with my myAudi app not receiving any oil level/status information from my 2019 Prestige (bought new). Data retrieval from my vehicle has been intermittent for sure, but I have never received any oil level/status information whatsoever. It is just greyed out on both the iPhone app and the desktop version. The dealership first told me it there has been some specific issues with the T-mobile service, which I have. My wife, who also has a Q7 (hers is 2018), same smart phone (iPhone X), and cell service (T-mobile), gets all the vehicle status info perfectly through the app - every time. So I can rule out the T-mobile possibility. Not to mention I am having the same issues using the website - which doesn't rely on T-mobile to transmit info.

The dealership has given up saying this is an app issue, and the folks in Auburn Hills are having me try several different things (delete and reinstall app, delete and recreate key user in MMI, etc.) but nothing seems to work. Just thought I would throw it out to the community in the slight chance that someone could shed some light on something I haven't tried yet.

Thanks!

The following users liked this post:
irob (09-07-2020)
Old 04-17-2019, 07:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Used to be a problem with the previous app, not so much this one.
Old 04-17-2019, 08:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don’t think mine is working either. The other day I noticed it was gray. My reaction was ‘Oh well’ since I don’t really trust any app for vitals like oil level anyway. I’m on iPhone X, 12.2.
Old 04-18-2019, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Hmm.. It's working here in San Diego on my iPhone. All status is current.
Old 04-18-2019, 06:01 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Humm, could Audi actually didn't put enough oil from the factory?
Old 04-19-2019, 10:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Anybody else get a warning in the app that the windows are open when in fact they are closed (I have physically checked and used the armrest buttons to get the windows up as far as possible)? Paul
Old 04-19-2019, 10:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 74 Likes on 68 Posts

All works fine for me.
Old 04-19-2019, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OP: "I have been having issues with my myAudi app not receiving any oil level/status information from my 2019 Prestige..."

Ditto. That's the only thing wrong with an otherwise perfect vehicle. Not a biggie; what I'd really like is a dipstick.

Spyder
Old 04-24-2019, 05:32 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All - thanks for the replies. Yeah - it is really interesting about the oil level indicator. If I am sitting in the vehicle (or within a few feet of it) I can actually receive the oil level information on my app (maybe receiving status through the vehicle's wifi?). But if I am remote, for instance, checking the app in my office or the desktop app inside my house, the oil level shows zilch. I have been working with the customer service people in Auburn Hills who have been trying hard to resolve this, but to no avail (yet). The technicians at my dealership punted this immediately and said it was an app issue (i.e., look elsewhere for a solution).

I agree that the dipstick is the best way to know actual oil level. However, since this was a feature that the salespeople touted when they were pushing hard on me to buy, I would like everything on my $80K investment to function as advertised.

And why my wife is able to receive the oil status remotely with the same phone, cell service, and vehicle makes this even more confounding!
The following users liked this post:
irob (09-07-2020)
Old 04-24-2019, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My oil indicator is all over the place. Last time I took it in they checked the oil "manually". (wish I could) Told me the level was OK. Further, I will sometimes get a message that I must stop my car, open the hood, wait a few minutes, be on level ground and then check the level. With all the electrical issues I've had with my Q7, this scares me.
(also hate that there is no way to check tire pressure without getting on your hands and knees). I will never buy an Audi again.

Would you buy an e-tron?!!! You couldn't give me one for free! I laugh falling down each time I see the commercial. Audi and electric are like water and oil.

Quick Reply: myAudi App - Oil Level/Status Info not working