Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

myAudi App - Oil Level/Status Info not working

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2019, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by paul07834
Anybody else get a warning in the app that the windows are open when in fact they are closed (I have physically checked and used the armrest buttons to get the windows up as far as possible)? Paul
Yeah, I've seen that before and in one instance the window was slightly cracked open but not enough for the eye to see, but otherwise they were always closed. I dont think this has happened with the new app lately
Old 04-24-2019, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Well - funny you mention e-tron - just before I pulled the trigger on the 2019 Q7 for a fleeting moment I considered getting the Q8 (would have been at least $10k more). But when I noticed all of the electronics in the dash AND considered it was a first year car, I thought better of it and left all the headaches to be worked out by the early adopters...
Old 04-24-2019, 10:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 74 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by Cattledog1
Well - funny you mention e-tron - just before I pulled the trigger on the 2019 Q7 for a fleeting moment I considered getting the Q8 (would have been at least $10k more). But when I noticed all of the electronics in the dash AND considered it was a first year car, I thought better of it and left all the headaches to be worked out by the early adopters...
Wise decision - I bought a first year model only once in my life, and after having to endure a number of fixes (some things could never be fixed) I wait for at least a year after for things to be worked out.
The following users liked this post:
ap_raj (12-07-2020)
Old 04-25-2019, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigKutta
Yeah, I've seen that before and in one instance the window was slightly cracked open but not enough for the eye to see, but otherwise they were always closed. I dont think this has happened with the new app lately
Two days after I posted my message, I checked the app again and it finally reported all of the windows closed. Maybe the app was recently updated?

Paul
Old 04-29-2019, 01:09 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had exactly the same issue with the oil level in the app showing 3 bars, then a few minutes later 0 bars. I went out and checked it through the MMI and it showed as full. The app had sorted itself out by the next morning, though I'd take anything it says with a pinch of salt from now on.
Old 04-29-2019, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Anybody else get a warning in the app that the windows are open when in fact they are closed (I have physically checked and used the armrest buttons to get the windows up as far as possible)? Paul
I get the same thing.
Old 04-29-2019, 05:15 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Two days after I posted my message, I checked the app again and it finally reported all of the windows closed. Maybe the app was recently updated?

Paul
Mine's still incorrectly reporting the windows being open, the app seems to be fairly temperamental in general.
Old 09-07-2020, 01:05 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Same issue on my 2019 q7

Originally Posted by Cattledog1
I have been having issues with my myAudi app not receiving any oil level/status information from my 2019 Prestige (bought new). Data retrieval from my vehicle has been intermittent for sure, but I have never received any oil level/status information whatsoever. It is just greyed out on both the iPhone app and the desktop version. The dealership first told me it there has been some specific issues with the T-mobile service, which I have. My wife, who also has a Q7 (hers is 2018), same smart phone (iPhone X), and cell service (T-mobile), gets all the vehicle status info perfectly through the app - every time. So I can rule out the T-mobile possibility. Not to mention I am having the same issues using the website - which doesn't rely on T-mobile to transmit info.

The dealership has given up saying this is an app issue, and the folks in Auburn Hills are having me try several different things (delete and reinstall app, delete and recreate key user in MMI, etc.) but nothing seems to work. Just thought I would throw it out to the community in the slight chance that someone could shed some light on something I haven't tried yet.

Thanks!

I have the same issue since a month after I bought my 2019 q7 prestige and have been dealing with it working on and off for a year now . Funny enough the first time it happened it said my oil level was low at 1 bar basically at 7 k miles . Then it showed all grey so I assumed I had no more oil plus the light went on . They topped me off and got me in for an oil change prematurely for my maintenance plan because apparently it actually was low . This didn’t fix the issue on the app . After the oil was changed the app was working fine as I sat in the dealership parking lot and then a day later when I cheagain it was all grey as if there was no oil . I went back to ask the tech person if it was a glitch or this was common . After reinstalling the app and making sure I had oil she nor the service guy could tell
me what was going on blaming the app .
Coincidentally when they pulled it back in the dealership service bay it lit up on my app as full and when I left it turned off again showing only grey . I also have T mobile and a new model iPhone but to me that’s still a ridiculous coincidence and not acceptable. I also like to have all my app functions working especially since i pay for the Connect Prime and Plus for all the features and WiFi .
I’m wondering if there is a sensor issue On 2019 q7 specifically ? I mean how else would the app know the level of the oil ?
Old 12-07-2020, 06:52 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by charliehereforyou
My oil indicator is all over the place. Last time I took it in they checked the oil "manually". (wish I could) Told me the level was OK. Further, I will sometimes get a message that I must stop my car, open the hood, wait a few minutes, be on level ground and then check the level. With all the electrical issues I've had with my Q7, this scares me.
(also hate that there is no way to check tire pressure without getting on your hands and knees). I will never buy an Audi again.

Would you buy an e-tron?!!! You couldn't give me one for free! I laugh falling down each time I see the commercial. Audi and electric are like water and oil.
Completely agreed with you, even am facing the same issue with New 2021 AUDI Q5, hardly done 900Kms the Oil indicator shows empty /grey bars on the My AUDI App, I guess sensor does not work and I went to the service center, they say the oil is full & then in less than a week it shows empty again on My AUDI App.

it scares me not sure if they are topping the oil since its in warranty or it's continuous oil sensor and App malfunction. Even the dealer is showing interest or ownership of the issue
Old 12-07-2020, 06:53 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by charliehereforyou
My oil indicator is all over the place. Last time I took it in they checked the oil "manually". (wish I could) Told me the level was OK. Further, I will sometimes get a message that I must stop my car, open the hood, wait a few minutes, be on level ground and then check the level. With all the electrical issues I've had with my Q7, this scares me.
(also hate that there is no way to check tire pressure without getting on your hands and knees). I will never buy an Audi again.

Would you buy an e-tron?!!! You couldn't give me one for free! I laugh falling down each time I see the commercial. Audi and electric are like water and oil.
Completely agreed with you, even am facing the same issue with New 2021 AUDI Q5, hardly done 900Kms the Oil indicator shows empty /grey bars on the My AUDI App, I guess sensor does not work and I went to the service center, they say the oil is full & then in less than a week it shows empty again on My AUDI App.

it scares me not sure if they are topping the oil since its in warranty or it's continuous oil sensor and App malfunction. Even the dealer is showing interest or ownership of the issue.

Quick Reply: myAudi App - Oil Level/Status Info not working