Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

New noises from Dashboard area

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2016, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New noises from second row driver seat

Hi everybody,
Anyone experience constant and low noise (sounded like whistle blowing intermittently or a cricket type whistle) from Dash/console area around 15-20 miles? This is a different noise in addition to the console-antenna noise issue (which i already got). The noises get louder when going over speed bumps or bumpy roads. For me, it feel more like it's coming from the Dashboard... man this car really ticks me off now.

Update 10/12
I have identified the noise. It's actually from the 2nd row driver side seat. I actually shake the seat at quiet environment and i can hear the same noise coming out. If you have someone sit on it or fold the seat down, the noises will not occur.

Last edited by Leesin; 10-12-2016 at 01:29 PM. Reason: problem identified
Old 10-06-2016, 05:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Leesin
Hi everybody,
Anyone experience constant and low noise (~3 squealing sounds) from Dash/console area around 30 miles? This is a different noise in addition to the console-antenna noise issue (which i already got). The noises get louder when going over speed bumps or bumpy roads. For me, it feel more like it's coming from the Dashboard... man this car really ticks me off now.
I've had a very faint squeak/squealing noise since week 1 but its generated from the middle row driver side seat. Of course I couldn't replicate it for the dealer but every time I drive over bad roads I hear it. I have also heard it when I smack the seats.
Old 10-12-2016, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by PROEDGEBIKER.COM
I've had a very faint squeak/squealing noise since week 1 but its generated from the middle row driver side seat. Of course I couldn't replicate it for the dealer but every time I drive over bad roads I hear it. I have also heard it when I smack the seats.
Hey actually we have the same problem. I already give it to the dealer and I recorded the sound and show it them also. The rep could hear it too when we drive today. Now i am waiting for the Tech to confirm it or replicate it. hope things goes well, otherwise I have to go back in and show it to them again.
Old 10-12-2016, 04:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Leesin
Hey actually we have the same problem. I already give it to the dealer and I recorded the sound and show it them also. The rep could hear it too when we drive today. Now i am waiting for the Tech to confirm it or replicate it. hope things goes well, otherwise I have to go back in and show it to them again.
let me know how it goes!
Old 11-02-2016, 08:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by PROEDGEBIKER.COM
let me know how it goes!
The shop opened it up and found a spring on the seat for one of the bowden cables was making the noise. If you pull the seat forward, you will see a big plastic on the middle seat side. When you use your fist to hit it, you can regenerate the noise. I can say that my dealer shop is not very diligent with people's car; something else is making noises when going over bumps now and i believe they are coming from the recall for 3rd row seat AND the same seat area! But these noises aren't too noticeable.

Last edited by Leesin; 11-02-2016 at 08:30 PM.