Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

OBDEleven

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2016, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too everyone getting fault codes. Its fairly common to see this on new cars. Pretty good chance they are faulty due to low voltage from weak batteries and from the engine break in. I also had 4 faults of the 3,4,5,6 knock sensors. They all happened at once at the same time lasting for a milli second.
I would clear any faults and check a few days later before taking the car to the dealer.
Old 09-09-2016, 03:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

I received mine and was easily able to enable the PDC

I cannot however open coding or adaption for Adaptive Cruise Control #13

I get a "Description Data Not Found" error at the bottom of the app.

This is to enable the menu for Default ACC Distance in MMI

Enable ACC Default Distance In MMI (VCDS 16.6 or newer required) - Allows you set the default distance

1. Auto Dist. Reg 13
2. Adaptation - 10
3. Select "Distance basic setting option" in dropdown
4. Select "On" from New value drop down
Old 09-10-2016, 01:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Hoping the group can help. I signed into the app using my ID/PW, entered the activation code and turned on PRO mode, pressed CONNECT and after a while it reported that it could not connect. (My android device bluetooth is on.)

I tried a direct bluetooth pairing from my android device to the OBDeleven. It sees the OBDeleven's mac address. I select that address and press "pair." It attempts to pair for some time but eventually gives up and says it cannot communicate with [mac address].

Nowhere does it ask me to input a pairing passcode or anything of that nature.

There is a red light on the unit and a blinking amber light.

My android device can pair with other bluetooth hardware, so not sure what is going on.

Any thoughts?
Old 09-10-2016, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 68 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by mi_sat
Hoping the group can help. I signed into the app using my ID/PW, entered the activation code and turned on PRO mode, pressed CONNECT and after a while it reported that it could not connect. (My android device bluetooth is on.)

I tried a direct bluetooth pairing from my android device to the OBDeleven. It sees the OBDeleven's mac address. I select that address and press "pair." It attempts to pair for some time but eventually gives up and says it cannot communicate with [mac address].

Nowhere does it ask me to input a pairing passcode or anything of that nature.

There is a red light on the unit and a blinking amber light.

My android device can pair with other bluetooth hardware, so not sure what is going on.

Any thoughts?
Is the car ignition on?

What Android device do you have?
Old 09-10-2016, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RickObe
Is the car ignition on?

Yes, the ignition is on.

I am using the Amazon Kindle Fire 6 HD, which allowed me to install Google Play and hence the ODBeleven app.
Old 09-10-2016, 02:56 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yes, the ignition is on.

I am using the Amazon Kindle Fire 6 HD, which allowed me to install Google Play and hence the ODBeleven app.
I got mine a couple days ago, but haven't had time to try it yet. I have a cheap RCA Voyager tablet and had to side load the app since the Google Play Store said my tablet wasn't compatible.

Will be interesting to see if it works.

Would you be able to do a factory reset on your tablet, or maybe a bluetooth settings reset if there is such a thing on Android?

Here's a FAQ that might help from the OBDeleven site:
FAQ about device usage. | OBDeleven

Last edited by RickObe; 09-10-2016 at 03:03 PM.
Old 09-10-2016, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the links. I'm very reluctant to do a factory reset as I don't want to lose the apps, which took a while to get loaded and set up since Kindle doesn't natively allow Google Play.

By chance do you need to have wifi/internet access during the process? I do recall that my wifi connection was very very weak (I was outside in my driveway).
Old 09-10-2016, 04:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks for the links. I'm very reluctant to do a factory reset as I don't want to lose the apps, which took a while to get loaded and set up since Kindle doesn't natively allow Google Play.

By chance do you need to have wifi/internet access during the process? I do recall that my wifi connection was very very weak (I was outside in my driveway).
Yes, I did read that there is no onboard database, so the app does need internet access to work.
Old 09-10-2016, 06:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know what this error could be. One of many errors, but this is the only error that has occured more than once.

Predictive route data signal error.
Frequency count is now at 5 and seems to be increasing. On another note, was able to easily change the lane change signal from 3 flashes to 4.
Old 09-10-2016, 06:24 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by RickObe
Is the car ignition on?

I did have to manually pair via the bluetooth settings and I think I had to use 1234 as the pin.

After that it connected instantly in the app.

Quick Reply: OBDEleven