Q7 MKII Discussion Discussion forum for the Audi Q7 MKII built from 2016 -

Park assist and trailer assist?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2018, 04:40 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 326 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by ambrus
Hi Andyhud,
Since you have trailer assist, do you have park assist automatically or that is a different option must be orederd separate from trailer assist?
I have a friend with working trailer assist, she tought her car would also have park assist, but the service says that one is a separate option should have been ordered to get it working, which I doubt, since there is the button, it should work, instead she gets error message if no trailer is attached...
What do you think about that? Is this a missing feature of a malfunction?
Thanks,
Ambrus
The video that I saw for park assist has extra ultrasonic sensors on both sides of the vehicle to determine open parking spots. Trailer assist just uses the backup camera and steering.
Old 02-27-2018, 07:28 PM
Audi Q7 Prestige'18 Owner

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

There is a "trailer VIEW" option in USA for the rear backup... but what it seemingly does is put a little center line on the backup camera monitor so that you can align to the hitch. No automation in backing up the trailer. Just like the parking assist is disabled in USA.. all you get is a really nice camera view (which is fine with me).
Audi also turns off rear sensors when a trailer is hooked up.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:01 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife just got a 2019 Q7 with the towing package, which I aspire to use infrequently as my tow rig. I saw the video about trailer assist, and was thrilled, as the parking spot where I hope to store my trailer has a challenging entry (from an alley). As others have noted, I was gutted to when I went to look for the button in her car and found a blank where it should be. I'm hoping someone can figure out a way to enable it--it would be great to confirm what sensors it relies on to determine whether or not they're missing in NA Q7's.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Doesn't the 2019 models have park assist in US now or is it only there if you don't have towing package (which would be a shame)? The manual for a US 2019 Q7 shows park assist as available and it is listed on the website as well now.

By park assist I mean the feature that finds a space and assists steering.
Old 12-04-2018, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SarhoshAmiral
Doesn't the 2019 models have park assist in US now or is it only there if you don't have towing package (which would be a shame)? The manual for a US 2019 Q7 shows park assist as available and it is listed on the website as well now.

This would be great if I can update my system in a 2017 Q7.
Old 12-04-2018, 11:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by GBMILTON
This would be great if I can update my system in a 2017 Q7.
I think they added 2 additional sensors for the 2019 Park Assist.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SarhoshAmiral

My 2019 Q7 has both the Park Assist and the Tow package...
Old 12-04-2018, 12:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 68 Posts

Originally Posted by HGSB

I think they added 2 additional sensors for the 2019 Park Assist.
Those 2 sensors were necessary for park and trailer assist. They were only available on ROW vehicles prior to MY2019. They can still be retrofitted to prior years, at considerable cost.
Old 12-04-2018, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by gsobol
Those 2 sensors were necessary for park and trailer assist. They were only available on ROW vehicles prior to MY2019. They can still be retrofitted to prior years, at considerable cost.
My wife's 2019 has the tow package, but not park assist. I assume that she therefore does not have these sensors?

I am genuinely curious; the video makes this seem pretty magic and with 4 wheel steering, it seems like it could be. Does Trailer assist allow the vehicle to back up in a way that skilled driver could not because it can independently steer the rear wheels?
Old 12-04-2018, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tleithead
My wife's 2019 has the tow package, but not park assist. I assume that she therefore does not have these sensors?

I am genuinely curious; the video makes this seem pretty magic and with 4 wheel steering, it seems like it could be. Does Trailer assist allow the vehicle to back up in a way that skilled driver could not because it can independently steer the rear wheels?
Park Assist is now part of the Driver Assistance Package, a standard component (for 2019) on the Prestige but optional on lesser trims.

Quick Reply: Park assist and trailer assist?